Author Topic: CC tomorrow  (Read 68971 times)

Offline jdr3366

Re: CC tomorrow
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2012, 11:29:48 PM »
The price for the CZ 82 is tempting. At around $200. I like the history behind it and the 12 round magazine.

I assume it's a direct blowback pistol. Yes?

Curio and relic? What is the significance of this to me?

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2012, 12:25:08 PM »
         It really doesn't effect you at all, it only effects who can receive the firearm and what type of FFL they need to do it with. There about 3 classes, 3 subclasses and 11 or so Types (Definitions I think) I am adding a link to the Wikipedia site that covers C & R and FFL rules, regulations and fees. By no means is it a complete and total, FFL are after all and their rules are written by bureaucrats and frankly more often than not Burates that either have no clue about what they are writing the regulation for, or they are someone pushing their own agenda, But once they are written and Congress votes them into law, you had best not play fast and lose with the regulations, Because like the IRS the folks over at the BATFE Offices and NO sense of humor :cool: .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License

I am putting this up even though it may not cover ALL the legal garbage but it does pretty much take the Legal mumbo jumbo out and explains things in English most folks can understand. Even if this information is worthless to you, though I do hope not, someone else thinking about getting and FFL or wondering what the classes and definitions are may find it helpfull.

And yes it is a blow back configuration. Here is the WikiPedia Link for more or less everything you may want to know about CZ 82

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ-82

This is the Wiki describing the round it fires:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9x18mm_Makarov

And just to be through here is the WIKI link for the Makarov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makarov_PM

Keep in mind that these are Wikipedia which means some things open or possibly need corrections, but I find they aren't really that far off on most everythin so have fun, I really think you'll get a kick out of the 82 if you get one.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline jdr3366

« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2012, 09:42:15 PM »
Thanks for the info, GW.

l'll keep it all in mind as I consider my next CZ pistol.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2012, 09:17:21 AM »
          Not to beat a dead horse as it were, and not to bad mouth them at all, but the BERSA company started in 1950's and CZ started out in the 30's, and the Bersa is a CZ 82 Clone. As I said don't get me wrong, I like clones, watched all their movies, ........ummm wrong clones, sorry. Anyway, I had a TZ75 for a year or so that I really liked, so there is nothing inherently wrong with clones. Best wishes.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Virginia John

« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2016, 06:30:28 PM »
Yet another sticky?

Offline Sprags

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2017, 02:36:36 AM »
The other concern I have is that the 75B is a large weapon. I read about getting a smaller pistol for CC, but I think I should try carrying it for a while and see for myself if it's too large for me to carry.

I thought once I had my CCL bad guys were going to come out of hiding left and right just willingly wait for my citizens arrest.

In reality when I lived in Maine once I attended training I took my certificate to the sheriffs department and got my permit to carry a month later. It was February so I wore my Vanon leather motorcycle jacket with the gun pocket to carry with.

At first it felt cool to carry. After a while I got tired of lugging the extra 26 ounces around so I stopped carrying.

Offline J Mercurio

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2019, 10:10:58 PM »
You will definitely be self conscious and think everyone can see your gun.  You will also catch yourself touching the gun a lot and maybe readjusting it.  All  normal.. Carry confidently.  Make sure you have a plan if you use the restroom.  If you have to drop your drawers, best bet is to unholster and place the gun in your underwear while you do your business.