Author Topic: First time out on the Range with my new 75B  (Read 6807 times)

Wolfbyte2586

First time out on the Range with my new 75B
« on: April 06, 2012, 02:01:34 AM »
I am officially in love. Here is the story of how the romance between me and my CZ 75B blossomed.

AKA: I couldn't wait until this weekend to get out on the range, so I said screw it and went after work today. I was firing with both hands, Right hand dominant, unless stated otherwise.

The First Date
Here is the first target, with 40 rounds at 6 yards.

Went exceptionally well! 9 shots in the 9 ring, the rest 10 or X

Getting to know each other
Second Target, 40 rounds at 10 yards

Little more relaxed and casual. 13 in the 9 ring, the rest 10 or X

Showing our True Colors
Third Target, 40 rounds, 25 yards

No More delusions, she sees me for who I really am. Not such a Great shot haha. Only kept 17 in the 10 ring (4 X's), and 13 more in the 9. 5-8's, 7-7's, and 3-6's round out the 40.

Now it gets complicated
Really had fun with my last 80 rounds.

First 20 at center target, 10 yards. Noot too shabby, kept them all within what would be the 8 ring on the larger targets.
Second 20, Bottom Left, DA Only. Tighter group than the center target, but the first 10 were high and right, and second 10 still drifted right.
Third 20, Right Targets. Tried a "Mozambique" type drill, two shots center mass, then one shot head. Simulated with Bottom and Top targets. Not too bad all things considered. Only 3-4 shots would have missed the torso, and half would have hit the head. Pretty good first try.
Last 20, Top Left. 10 shots Right Hand Only, then 10 shots Left hand dominant (tried Left Hand Only, but my grip was just too insecure and felt borderline unsafe, so I added my right hand for support). Not terrible.

All in all, I am incredibly happy with this purchase, and I truly love firing this gun. It fits my hand like a glove and has amazing balance. I will be trying some of the other grips however to see what I like best. This gun is obviously more accurate than I am, so I look forward to raising my skill level up to the 75B's level and hopefully getting into an IDPA competition soon (need a holster, belt, and mag pouches still), though I know I need to work on my weak hand shooting.

CZ04FT

Re: First time out on the Range with my new 75B
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »
Wolf,
Very good shooting! Thanks for posting the photos. The CZ is fun to shoot, no doubt about it!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 04:43:00 AM »
         wow! Shiny shooting there. I may have to end up not liking you.  :laugh:  I to shall be able to do that some day. now how did that mantra go? wax on, wax off.......................

The frist pers that gts the name of where that quote comes from gets a Hearty Well done, and you are an old geezer and or Gezzerette
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Online chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 10:15:55 AM »
The Karate Kid
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:11:23 AM »
          And A Hearty Well Done to you Sir!  :laugh:  And as a bonus since we will be at the range together this Sat I'll let you shoot any one of my CZ's I drag out there with me. oh wait you already get to do that. hmmm oh well it's the thought that counts.  :angel: :rolleyes:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 12:46:37 PM »
Well, that looks pretty amazing to me! By the time you get to 25 yards you are almost in carbine territory... I may have different criteria than others, but I'd be happy for  shooting like that at that distance. Still, it's an excuse to go out and shoot more!

Powerpuff boy

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 03:04:49 PM »
Nice shooting!

Online chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »
That is some might fine shootin, especially @25 yds... :cool:
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »
Looks like good shooting to me.  :cool:

Wolfbyte2586

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Wow thanks all! Guess i'm a bit of a perfectionist heh. All that was shooting with one eye closed, so i've "graduated" up to keeping both eyes open, and my shooting isn't as tight anymore, but i definitely have better peripherals, so i'm just training myself to keep em both open now. Ordered my holster from Bladetech so soon i'll get to practice my draw for IDPA!

Offline sirgilligan

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 08:13:56 PM »
I have to squint the "off" eye. Otherwise I see two sets of sights!

Wolfbyte2586

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 10:10:48 PM »
Yeah, i have to do that sometimes too while trying to get my initial sight picture. Usually once i get it properly focused i can keep both eyes wide until i need to re-acquire my sights, but its getting better. More targets next time i go! I'd have more already, but the gf likes to join me now so our shots get all mixed up on the targets :) Great company, but poor way to post range pics haha