Author Topic: CZ and EAA Witness??  (Read 27718 times)

Online chfields

• Administrator
Re: CZ and EAA Witness??
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »
Single Action means the hammer must cocked (pulled back) in order to fire the weapon.

Double Action means you can just pull the trigger to fire ( no cocking needed)

Decocker is a lever that safely drops the hammer from the cocked position.
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »
I will explain the best I'm able... And guys, when I get it wrong, be kind to me...  :laugh:
Think of it like this. Single action triggers can only perform that one action. Releasing the sear (dropping the hammer). Double action performs two actions; raising the hammer and dropping the hammer.

When you to lower the hammer without firing your weapon, you are decocking it. There are two ways to do this. Manually or with a decocker. The decocker usually looks like a thumb safety, and from what I understand, they block the firing pin and drop the hammer. I only have one pistol with a decocker and it's one I leave in the safe.

Again, that is a SUPER-Oversimplified explanation, but I think it's serviceable. Hope it helps!

Offline dogdog

• I'm only a flyer when I'm on TV
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2012, 06:03:19 PM »
mehhh....not bad.   :smiley: :smiley:

I took the liberty of checking out a youtube and they did a good job.  Should've checked that first instead of asking such a dumb question.  But since I have some new found friends here and some video tutors, I know I can check the youtubers know what they are talking about!    :wink: :wink:

dogdog
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:07:39 PM by dogdog »
You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

kneelingatlas

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2012, 06:27:32 PM »
I like the direction this thread has turned, but it doesn't seem like the original poster got a very definitive answer to his magazine question.  I am a huge fan of CZ75 variants, I have an Uzi Eagle, Tanfoglio TA90, 10mm longslide Witness, CZ97B and a CZ Tactical Sport.  Except for the TS, all variants made in the last 20 years use either small or large frame mags (the TS uses unique wide-body small frame mags); as I understand older models use a different mag.  My small frame guns (Uzi Eagle, TA90) share mags with the CZ75B, whereas my large frame guns (Witness and 97B) share the same, larger mag.  Large Frame Mags measure 1.345" x 0.850" while small frame magazines are 1.250" x 0.800".  With some brands of small frame mag, I have had to dremel out the slots for the magazine release, but other than that, they've all worked great.

b5.5dan

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »
I like the direction this thread has turned, but it doesn't seem like the original poster got a very definitive answer to his magazine question. 
There was an original question?  :cheesy:
As important as specific information is to a thread (especially in cases like these), I feel like the conversation is just as important in building community. Still, thanks for the hard data. It is very much appreciated!

Offline dogdog

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2012, 09:49:48 PM »
Well,  I want to continue a thread that's in the heading...maybe this has to be moved so if so, then make it so!   :azn: :azn:

This weekend (9/1-2) is a very large gun show in Houston at the George R Brown convention center.  I hope to pick up a full size EAA Witness 9mm.  I've been shooting at the local range and I like it quite a bit.   I'll give everyone the review when and if I pick it up.  It's either that or the 97B model if they have it!   I'm pumped!

Oh, btw, I'm also going to pick up a bunch of re-loads there.   Maybe this is another thread but how does everyone here feel about purchasing re-loads to run through a fire arm for the first time?   Or does it matter?  and do ya'all consider it to be safe. (I'm buying because I can safe some $$)

Still a noob...but [size=78%]Thanks![/size]

dogdog

b5.5dan

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »
You may not have been here long, but I can already tell you are no noob!
You may want to post that last question in the reloading section. I can talk about pistols all day, but I know absolutely nothing about reloading (I can reload .308 for my .380, can't I? Same numbers and everything...  :laugh: :laugh: )
We have several members though who are amazing with reloading.

And I hope you could tell that I wasn't being critical of you. I hate to come across that way

Offline dogdog

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2012, 10:10:21 PM »
Oh, not, Dan.  Not at all.  I am going to move it though....as I'm sure I'll get the right people to get answers from!

Thanks!

dogdog

(and, oh, yea.....thanks for the compliment but I am still very much a noob!)   :laugh: :laugh: