Author Topic: NEW HERE SO HAVE PATIENCE WITH ME.  (Read 6344 times)

WayneJessie

NEW HERE SO HAVE PATIENCE WITH ME.
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:27:51 PM »
What is the general consensus from those of you that have owned a CZ75C and the Tanfoglio clone? I know it's probably been asked way too many times but I would like to hear from those that have owned both. How does the accuracy an build quaity compare? Thanks for any info you can give.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: NEW HERE SO HAVE PATIENCE WITH ME.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »
             Well so lets start with the Howdy and Welcome to our Forum. Second Since I have seen your posts a couple times this evening you may have seem my mantra. There are no stupid questions except the ones you do not ask. An Third, you may have noticed we don't put folks down here for any reason. (Well OK I do but only when they are here to deliberately stir things up just for spite) So ask Any question you need to.

Now for the answer to your question from my POS. I have owned a TZ75 once upon a time, when I couldn't get a CZ during the time they were banned from import into this country. (I owned one , a CZ75, but I wanted a second one for back up.) The folks that I worked with/and for owned a gunstore and they introduced me to the TZ from Tanfoglio. It was almost like actually the CZ 75 I did own. A difference in weight and a tad difference in accuracy but still a great pistol. If I was short on cash I would Not sneer at a TZ75. That was 40 years ago give or take, and I have no idea how much if any the Tanfoglio pistols have changed in quality and craftsmanship. I would like t try one out but I'm not going to buy one, since I own more CZ's than any normal person would consider reasonable. Hmmmmm I think that's an oxymoron? If you own a CZ then having more than one is actually a good thing. So forget that last bit about normal. There really is NO Normal when it come to CZ's. All anyone has to do is spend some time looking up their track record world wide, buy one and take it some place legal to shoot it and there is no turning back.

So I suppose I just answered your question with a 40 year old answer, but from what I have read here and other places about TZ owners, I think you can be fairly sure you are buying a quality pistol for a really great price (normally), if your cash flow is a little low at the moment, (And frankly who's isn't these days?) you could do a lot worse than buying a Tanfoglio clone.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

WayneJessie

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 06:40:20 AM »
Thanks for your answer.

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:46:25 PM »
I own 4 CZs; 75B, SP-01, CZ83, and a CZ52. I also owned a RAMI P in .40S&W but I lo  no longer own it. I also own a Witness P-S .40S&W, a Carry Comp in .45 (which I am selling tomorrow), and an Elite Match in 10mm. They are both amazing brands. Is the CZ finer? Without a doubt. I LOVE CZ above all others. That said, I love my Tanfoglio pistols more than any others I've tried (except the CZs), and that is everything from Springfields and S&Ws to Kimbers, Rugers, and Stars. I love pistols. They are my passion. But as far as clones go, the Tanfoglio/EAA stuff is the finest of them all, IMHO.

Welcome to the forum!

kneelingatlas

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 12:30:43 AM »
I think I like my Jerichos better than both my Tanfoglios and my CZs.  The Israeli clone is the only one I know of with a lower grip hump, which gives it a great feel.  The large frame Witness feels long, the Tactical Sport feels fat, the 97B is long and fat, but the Jericho just feels right!

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 01:07:26 AM »
I can't speak to the Jerichos as I've never held or fired one, but the only other gun that I've ever fired that felt anywhere near as good as my CZ is the Belgian High Power. I wouldn't want to be forced to choose between the two....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »
I held a Jericho and it felt huge. And I have big hands. I would own one; it just felt thick for a .40S&W

kneelingatlas

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
I held a Jericho and it felt huge. And I have big hands. I would own one; it just felt thick for a .40S&W
The baby eagle felt bigger than your CZ???  It wasn't a Desert Eagle was it?  Those are very large.

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 10:19:34 PM »
  It wasn't a Desert Eagle was it?  Those are very large.
No... It wasn't a Desert Eagle...
It was a steel Baby Eagle in .40 S&W with what I think was a 5"bbl

WayneJessie

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 12:54:38 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the Tanfoglio TZ 75 Compact will accept the CZ 75 Compact grips? They look the same from what I can see of the Tanfoglio clone online but having never held one I cannot be sure. I love my CZ75C but they have become rare as hen's teeth right now. I was condisering buy the Tanfoglio clone as gift for someone but I wanted to be sure I could dress it up with nice grips. You cannot find grips for the Tanfoglio but if the CZ grips would work that would solve that problem.

kneelingatlas

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 01:44:03 PM »
I know compact Jerichos have a shorter grip by about a quarter inch than the CZ P01, I can't say for sure but I would bet the Tanfo compact would be closer to the Jericho; many Jericho parts were made in the Tanfoflio factory.  Also, I'm pretty sure the clone compacts came first, so the chances of CZ copying a clone on anything are slim.