Author Topic: Canik CB100  (Read 14673 times)

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
Canik CB100
« on: January 16, 2012, 12:09:54 PM »
Well finally got the opportunity to see and handle a Canik gun. It's a pretty cool little compact gun. alloy frame with a safety, something CZ doesn't have in their line up.

Quickly looking at the gun, it is pretty well made. fit is solid and tight. Double action was smooth and I am guessing in the 10#-12# range and the single action about 6#-8#. The single action feels pretty neutral with no camming. There is not as much creep as on a CZ, but seeing the hammer, the hooks are not as long on th Canik.
The sear and the FPB lifter are kind of locked together, so I am curious as what is going on in the lockwork underneath.

I was told that CZ sights will fit the Canik's dovetails, they mentioned  for possibly the meprolight nightsights. Told also that the grip panels cuts are different so CZ grips will not fit onto the frame. Perhaps with some modification, they may.

Did get a chance to do a trigger job on it and it came out very nicely. DA dropped down to a smooth 7# and the SA to a crisp 4#. the thumb safety engages and locks the action in the full down position, the halfcock position and the cocked position. Haven't figured out anything with the grips yet. but did do a sight install of Hi-Viz sights on another Canik gun and they looked pretty nice on it.

Some photos:

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 12:16:36 PM by GM4469 »
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline chimera

Re: Canik CB100
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 08:44:53 PM »

Make your own, these are buffalo horn off of ebay.
That's a CZ-85 Combat trigger. It also has a 13# CZ hammer spring.

These are Madrone burl.

It's too bad they may not be imported again, they were the best value out there.

b5.5dan

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 04:28:09 PM »
These are VERY nice clones! I'm trying to get one right now. That buffalo horn looks amazing by the way...

slavetomyex

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »
CAN U TELL ME IF THESE ARE THE SAME AS THE TRI STAR C100 PISTOLS? IM LOOKING FOR INFO ON THEM AND THEY LOOK VERY SIMILAR

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »
Yes sir. They are the same pistol. The Caniks were available for a little while, but they fell off the market for a month or two due to a switch in their American distro operations. Now they seem to be back (if only a little more expensive than before), and are by all accounts an OUTSTANDING value. Turkey is doing some really amazing stuff with small arms production, and it seems to all be based on the CZ75...

slavetomyex

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 09:53:49 PM »
OK THANKYOU. I ALSO GOT AN EMAIL FROM CHEAPERTHAN DIRT THISMORNING FEATURING THESE, AND I USED TO OWN A CZ PO1 IV BEEN MISSING FOR SOME TIME. WONDER IF THESE ARE AS GOOD A VALUE.  DO U KNOW IF CZ CUSTOM SHOP WOULD PERFORM A TRIGGER JOB ON ONE OF THESE?

b5.5dan

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »
I would have to say "no, they wouldn't". AFAIK, they just do CZs, and while the Caniks are close, they aren't identical. What work do you want to have done?
As for value between a P-01 and a T100, if I had the money I would probably buy the P-01. I've always wanted one. That said, I would like to own a Canik as well. I almost bought one last month but I got something else...

slavetomyex

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 10:02:11 PM »
IF I WAS TOO OWN ONE OF THESE, OR ANOTHER CZ, ID LIKE A TRIGGER JOB DONE. I AM WAONDERING IF I COULD SMOTHEN THAT OUT ON ONE OF THESE. I DO LIKE THE REGULAR SAFTEY IDEA ON A COMPACT AND NOT THE DECOCKER. GUESS THATS A PERSONAL CHOICE ISSUE. 

b5.5dan

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 10:07:04 PM »
I don't like decockers either. Cocked and locked. THat's me... Dang. Your capslock is stuck on and I keep holding shift too long haha!
Anyway, you could get a trigger job done... You wouldn't necessarily need CZCustom to do it. They do amazing work, but you could take it to a local smith, look at the procedure on youtube and do it yourself, or just shoot a lot and let the internals polish themselves! haha

slavetomyex

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »
YOU READ MY MIND, I ALSO PREFER COCKED AND LOCKED FOR CARRY.  YEAH SORRY, MY CAPS IS STUCK ON MY PHONE. NOT SURE WHY!  THESE PISTOLS LOOK TO BE A GOOD VALUE. I WONDER IF THEY WILL ALSO SELL THE STAINLESS VERSIONS LIKE THE CANIK! A GUY COULD THROW SOME NEW SIGHTS ON THERE AND BE PRETTY CONTENT WITHOUT BREAKING THE BANK!

b5.5dan

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 11:00:26 PM »
For a while there was a Canik C100 stainless. I'm sure they will offer something similar sooner or later. Do you CC? Are you in a state that allows it? I think black is better for that purpose, even if it isn't as fancy...

Offline chimera

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 08:57:29 AM »
Not stainless, hard chrome plated, but they aren't imported yet. IMO they don't need a trigger job.

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 09:22:50 AM »
They were coming into the country, but the importer stopped bringing them in. Not sure if anyone has stepped up to start again.
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline chimera

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2012, 09:54:16 AM »
What I should have said is that Tristar is not bringing them in again, yet.

Flibuoy

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 12:16:31 PM »
FWIW I just mounted a set of CZ 75 Compact grips off Ebay on my T-100 which appears the same as the C-100 in grip design. As with any other swap of this type I had to elongate the screw holes about 1/32, but it does not show. Sure nicer than the black plastic hasps that come on an otherwise great pistol

« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:18:25 PM by Flibuoy »