Front Desk > Suggestions for Site Improvement

smithing

(1/2) > >>

vanman:
For gunsmiths and gunsmithing operations.
 When I was a young teen the fascination for my fathers pocket colt was irresistable. Once apart I couldn't figure the barrel reassembly sequence. Wish computers and sites such as this were available!
 My question today ... has anyone any bench experience replacing oem sights on a 75 compact with mepro lights?
 My first CZ. Thanks All

frgood:
While I have not fiddled with my Compact specifically, I have done my CZ 87, TS, and 83. It is an easy job.  The several Youtube videos are helpful. It is basically,
Front Sight - Take out the pin and gently tap the sight forward and out.
Rear Sight - Using a non marring pin, Plastic tipped, brass, or even a pusher, tap out the rear sight.

The rear might take some hefty whacks to get started and, perhaps someone here can clarify if, a left to right direction is required.

I strongly recommend a Sootch00 subscription. He is a big CZ fan and his care shows in his work.

https://youtu.be/__aMedlngX4 - Link to replacing sights on CZ 75 Compact.

Enjoy.

vanman:
Thanks frgood.

Rodolfo Fierro:
I replaced the sight on my compact so long ago that I don't remember what the originals looked like.  FRGood pretty well covered the replacement.  The front sight makes the biggest difference.  I like the 1.5mm rod because it fills the rear notch better than the 1.0mm rod.  The fiber optic rear sight did not make much difference, but I left it on the gun.

vanman:
Thanks Rodolfo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version