Author Topic: My "New" RAMI P  (Read 56393 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: My "New" RAMI P
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2011, 10:29:22 PM »
     No one could have guessed that was the problem without knowing what to look for and even knowing it could even be an issue. If you read back to what I posted you will see I mentioned a couple thing besides the ramp before I even mentioned the ramp. I simply got lucky on my 5Th suggestion and crowed about it, But I was wrong on the first 4. I have been shooting for years, and granted I am seriously out of practice I still remember some of the things to look for. But the point is that I have been a shooter for longer than you have been alive or close enough not to matter. There is a Huge amount to learn about shooting and weapons in general, so don't let someone like me con you into thinking we are "experts" cause that a whole boat load of fecal matter.

IF he will let you then watch what they gunsmith does, read a much about shooting and repair as you can. I had at a minimum a dozen large papers back manuals/book on gun/pistol/rifle repair along with reloading tome's, before I got rid of them for being out of date and no longer into shooting. I wouldn't even put that collection of books up against some of the firearms libraries that some of our members have even today. By any standard you care to set I am a piker at firearms repair, and reloading and I have been doing it off and on for years.

Never sweat the small stuff Sir. Learn what you can and or want to. get to know your personal firarms inside and out. Practice ever change you get. work on strengthening your hands and fingers (Especially your fingers) and never forget to practice shooting with your off hand allmost as much as your strong hand. and especially learn how to shoot with both eyes open. Do just hat and you will be a damn good and an above average shooter.

I started this Forum so we could ALL learn something from each other, not to make folks think they are inadequate or lacking in any way. Every one of us started the same way you are. Taking baby steps to learn how to shoot, asking questions from anyone that will talk to us, and reading everything we could find, and when we had the money practicing at the range.. So just relaxe, you are not going to be a world class shooter or gunsmith over night and none of us that think we are were either despite what we choose to think or remember in our old age. Heck some of us barely even qualify as average shooters by today's standards. So you missed something, so the heck what?! Seriously if that the worse thing you miss while you are a shooter than you are way ahead of the pack.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2011, 10:47:01 PM »
Maybe this isn't the best way, but I usually shoot with both eyes open (I think I've seen it referred to as 'point shooting'?). Granted I have 6" groups, but last month they were 10"  :laugh: .
I do need to practice with the off-hand. I seriously need to look into reloading as well, since going to the range once a week is getting up there in cost.
Anyway, I can't wait to get the ramp polished and put her to work on my Taliban targets...  :laugh:

b5.5dan

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 05:25:48 PM »
Update: Couldn't get hold of the smith, and I noticed some bulging on the frame. Just sent it back to CZ USA. $75 in shipping is pretty lame, but I will have a new (or at least fully-functional) pistol in 4 to 8 weeks...  :embarrassed:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »
     ya personally I think it is a bit lame since the RAMI P had/has some issues with bulging, which CZ says isn't a big deal but they will replace for free. I guess from there stand point the bulge is cosmetic and not mechanical, so instead of eating the entire cost of the replacement plus shipping they are splitting the shipping with the owner, That is ONLY A GUESS! I have no idea how they run their business not what or how the corporate decisions are made. Then again if it's not to late you try try doing the "Squeaky Wheel" thing and see if they are willing to oil the "Squeak" any.

It's still a really fine weapon and I am thinking of possibly buying one for myself. Not sure how that's going to tract, since I have started my attempt at molding and casting my weapons so that more CZ Models are available to Holster and Grip makers. And that stuff ain't cheap. I am really tired of not finding Holsters for some of my weapons because they aren't "Mainstream CZ's" or simply are CZ's and there isn't "enough call for holsters" Ya Right. Well I'm going to fix that little problem one way or another.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »
I made the mistake of telling them that I bought it used rather than simply omitting that fact. Many people have sent in a RAMI P and received the alloy model in return. I am saddled with the at times unfortunate inability to lie.  :cheesy: I just can't wait to get it back, but a couple hundred rounds through it, and feel secure and confident in it. This is much better though. If I had taken it to the smith and the polish would have worked, I still would have always been waiting for it to fail. With this, confidence will come far sooner, I think.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »
Altogether a well thought out plan and really shiny idea. I'll trade a wondering if for a sure thing not going to everytime.

b5.5dan

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 12:31:55 AM »
Well, now that the pistol is at the doctor, what should I expect? How long until they get her sorted out and back to me?

b5.5dan

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 09:38:33 PM »
UPDATE:
I sent the RAMI overnight to CZ USA on the 1st of July. I received an email today around 2pm MDT saying that the pistol has been handed over to FedEx and will be delivered back to me tomorrow afternoon. Now, I don't want to get too excited, lest they just decided that they couldn't honor the warranty and sent it back broken, but it sounds as though they inspected, repaired or replaced the pistol, and got it back in the post in 10 days.

CZ is pretty amazing. The finest pistols on Earth and customer service that fixes the rare mistake in less than a fortnight?! I can't imagine it gets much better than that!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »
      Like I wasn't guessing when I suggested that.  :cool: It had just been up for discussion a few times in the days preceding your question, so it seemed like a safe suggestion. Well to be honest, everything I have seen or heard any discussion about hollow points and or the cartridge edge catching on the ramp. Everyone and his grand,mother starts with get your ramp polished, if that doesn't work get back. It allways reminds me of calling a doctor at night and having him/her say "Take two aspirins and call me in the morning".  :grin:

b5.5dan

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »
So i got the pistol back. They "adjusted feed ramp and polished extractor.  And warranty is only for original owner." But they did the work anyway. I can't wait to try it out. I hope she's fixed...

b5.5dan

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2011, 09:11:30 PM »
Well, she's better but she's not right. I guess now I need to find some ammo she's happy with. I don't even know where to begin...

b5.5dan

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 08:40:36 PM »
I haven't shot (with the camera) as much as I would like, but here's one of the Ol' Girl since I got her back.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/comrade_pie/5948795390/sizes/z/in/photostream/
Let me know what you think!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 09:04:13 PM »
     Great picture, Weapon looks shiny, and the green and blue wrist band? You are someone you know an MP, or a special detail unit? Keep us informed on what you try feeding her, and have you tried different mags?

b5.5dan

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 09:16:01 PM »
None of us are MPs; I just liked the colors so I made the bracelet.  :grin:
She fed a GREAT deal better last week. Probably 4 FTFs out of 200 rounds, and all of those were in the first 50 rounds. The feed ramp is all freshly polished and it made a big difference. I think she could use a little more polish, but I don't know. At this point I am torn between keeping her or selling her to either get a 75 Duty or a 97B. Another problem is that I just can't seem to enjoy the .40 S&W. I'm not sure what the next few months will bring, apart from a couple more pistols!

I should get (at least) one more rifle, but all of the CZ rifles are out of my price range at the moment.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 09:43:10 PM »
       Shiny. Just wondered because those colors in that combination at least Used to be for Special Detail Units, and certain dress uniforms or shoulder whatscha ma call it's. I like the color choice. I really have to post pictures of the shoulder straps, wrist band, and Lanyard Angryvikingman made. Mine are Red and Black.