Author Topic: Veterns Day 2014  (Read 18762 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Veterns Day 2014
« on: November 11, 2014, 04:50:57 PM »
             It's been a year since the last time I wrote something for our troops, Active duty, Veterans and the Fallen and their families. The thing is this time I am writing really late, it's still Veterans Day, just late in the day, and there is SOOOOOOOOOO many things going wrong with our Military and especially our Government that frankly I have no idea where to start without going into a full blown Rant (yes a capital R rant).

Our Military leaders are spectacularly failing in their duties to their Troops, Rape is still (maybe not) rampant but it's bad enough that it seems to make the News 3 or 4 times a year. And the shocking part of that issue is that the person that was responsible for updating the Code of Conduct that deals with rape, and sexual harassment, got in a world of trouble for violating those same orders. Then not long after, the person responsible gets Court Martialed for doing what he was tasked to prosecute. Rape and Harassment is still going on in our Highest Military Academies. The same Academies that are Supposed to be teaching about honor and Military Conduct. How the hell can the troops trust their officers or even the newly minted Officers have any faith in or trust that their Leaders look the other way or even violate the very things they are supposed to make sure their people understand.

Oh and I almost forgot! Our Nuclear Deterrent System was manned for a long time by a Staff od Officers and enlisted that kept their posts by cheating on tests and or were lead by Officers that didn't care even when they had proof of the cheating! And our people in harms way are supposed to believe that they are lead by people that care about them, and make sure they are taken care of?

And now after being told that they would be taken out of the Middle East by the end of the year, Their Leader's are in the process of sending them back, because the Administration has changed it's mind yet again. They don't let the Armed Forces to actually finish a job that the other guys started, only to be told they have to go back and protect them same people that kicked them out, and looted our bases as fast as we turned them over to our now "Allies". Who were busily taking every dollar they could get beg. borrow or steal with one hand and letting the "Bad Guys" back into the country with the other hand. And blaming the "failure" of the US to train their people properly. And we as a country simply sit here in our homes and pretty much just through up our hands and say "Here we go again, fighting a war we have no business fighting in.: but actually doing jack all to stop the cycle.

By now I expect everyone is thinking what the hell kind of Veterans Day editorial is this?!?!? Actually it bites, but it's the truth we as Americans simply don't want to face. Our Troops, are being misused, mishandled, and lead by "Brass" I wouldn't leave alone with a dollar bill. The people that should be making sure that our Troops and Veterans are getting the very best medical help they can get, aren't, and because of that our entire Military Medical Service is in worse shape than ghetto hospitals when it comes to care and caring. That is about as shameful a thing as I can think of other than the sexual abuse, our Troops are subjected to on a daily basis. I Personally have been in 3 Veterans Hospitals (Bethesda, the VA in New Orleans, and one other in NC that I wouldn't take my cat to for treatment and I hate our cat.)

Anyway, yes this has been pretty damn negative for a Veterans Day editorial but it's been almost entire negative towards the conditions our Troops have to serve under and with, It's been hard on Officers, and rightly so, since they are REASPONCIBLE for the Men and Woman that serve under them! And they are failing miserably. Nothing can be fixed from the bottom up, it has to be fixed from the top down. Until that happens our troops that put their lives in harms way, will be forced to continue dealing with sub standard health care, sub standard leadership.

In the mean time, as always I want to take this time to say THANK YOU ALL!!!! For your service and dedication in the face of all odds stacked against you. Every last person Active or Vet, or Fallen, deserves our undying thanks not only today but every day.

And just to be clear. I took our leadership both Government and Military to the woodshed, and so may take offence. If you are one of those people then don't bother to reply cause I don't want to read your sorry ass excuses. However, I do honestly think that for ever hog at the trough, there are countless Officers that are doing the best they can given the people they take orders from, to do the right thing, look after their people, and try to make our military the best it can be. To the fallen I bid you Rest In Peace, and to those they are doing or have done their duty again THANK YOU for all your efforts. And may what ever Deity you believe in look over you and your families.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: Veterns Day 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 05:02:40 PM »
There is one thing that is bothering me about the coming cutbacks in personnel.  Military personnel receive no retirement benefits unless they complete twenty years of service.  Most civilian  jobs start some level of retirement benefits after five years.  A military service person that is being surplus with say a dozen years of service gets NOTHING.  What kind of way is this to treat them?  I wrote to my senator and congressman and got a reply of blaa, blaa, blaa.  They are free with words, but have no plans to do anything.  I hope to generate enough of a buzz on this subject that someone that cares will address this inequity.  Please repeat this subject to anyone that will listen.   

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »
      Good point and I will repeat it when ever I can, and if it's ok with you then I'll post it on my Facebook Page and the CZForum's Facebook Page as well?

GW
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:39:54 AM »
It is okay with me if you shout it from the rooftops.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 04:48:14 PM »
I just heard that the SEAL that killed OBL left the Navy after 16 1/2 years service and receives NO pension whatsoever.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
Wow!! Unfortunately, you have to put in at least 20 years to get a pension in the military.....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

JoeInCT

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 10:57:11 PM »
The "20 years or nothing" military pension has always bothered me. Civilian companies long ago wised up and went to "defined contribution" plans, wherein while in the military, a serviceperson elects a certain percent of their pay to be put aside and let grow with interest. Then, when they finally leave, whether it's after 5 years or 25 years of service, when they reach normal civilian retirement age (say 65), they start getting a payout every month. Of course, Congress can't agree on what day of the week it is, no less do something right by our military, and the sorry SOB we have for a CIC cares not a wit about our military, so I expect it will take the Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse to get anything done.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 05:01:23 AM »
The "20 years or nothing" military pension has always bothered me. Civilian companies long ago wised up and went to "defined contribution" plans, wherein while in the military, a serviceperson elects a certain percent of their pay to be put aside and let grow with interest. Then, when they finally leave, whether it's after 5 years or 25 years of service, when they reach normal civilian retirement age (say 65), they start getting a payout every month. Of course, Congress can't agree on what day of the week it is, no less do something right by our military, and the sorry SOB we have for a CIC cares not a wit about our military, so I expect it will take the Three Horsemen of the Apocalypse to get anything done.
That is nice to let them have their own money when they reach 65, and it cost us taxpayers nothing.  Meanwhile congress thinks that they should give themselves a raise. 

Offline plourbag

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 01:51:15 AM »
I'm an Aussie (by choice, not by birth) and what you would call a first responder for 37 yrs in three Police Forces in two countries and some very remote and lively locations.  My ticket wasn't drawn in our county's lottery for the Armed tour of South East Asia so I can't claim to be a veteran, I can claim that I was never a draft dodger.  I was lucky enough to finally visit the US in 2015 and, through chance, was in Washington on Veterans Day.  Before I reached Washington I was already impressed by the and patriotism that your citizens expressed by flying their flags from standards and windows.  Would you believe that an Australian has been taken to court for flying our flag in his own front yard because his neighbour was politically correct and thought it insulted others.
I walked around the Washington Monument and spoke to many veterans and have to admit that some of their stories caused me to tear up.  I also appreciated that your Allies were recognised in your Memorial as my late father was a "Rat of Tobruk" and a "Chindit".
I hope that your country continues to recognise the contribution of all your veterans and first responders and keep that flag flying.  I wish more people flew our flag as proudly.