Author Topic: CZ and EAA Witness??  (Read 27711 times)

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: CZ and EAA Witness??
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 04:06:46 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! I think the reason CZ's are hard to find is they supply for police and spec ops of different countries, so I think the supply for civilians is low. I'm sure someone will jump in and correct me if I'm wrong. The other part is CZ's aren't that well known here and those that are familiar with them snap them up when they become available. Also, as more people see/hear/shoot them the higher the demand will be, due to the high quality of the guns. CZ-USA is great for parts and service, so I don't think that is an issue...
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

b5.5dan

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »
They're hard to find sometimes because they are great guns!  :laugh:  But I wouldn't worry about parts. The Internet makes those things easily available, and you won't (or shouldn't) need many parts anyway. They may be in short supply for different reasons; CZ fills military orders, and EAA is my favorite clone, and with the conversion kits, you have nearly every common pistol cartridge at your fingertips.

Offline dogdog

• I'm only a flyer when I'm on TV
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »
Thanks guys for the reply.  I went to the EAA website and found the compact all steel hand gun with pictures and everything and of course, the one I'm interested in, the 9mm is out of stick!   :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :angry:    I'm not in a super rush but if they're both out of stock I guess the real deal cz is the one I'm going to hold out on.

btw, saw a video with hickock45.  Dude is amazing! 

dogdog
You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

b5.5dan

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »
Hickok is a beast! Now,  I think the pistol you get should depend on a couple of things. Namely how much you have to spend. Oh! I nearly forgot! DO NOT order the pistol off of EAA's website. You are looking at an extra $100 AT LEAST than you would pay at a retailer or online. Online is a good place to look if you don't have many local options. I have seen compact witnesses go for less than $400 with FFL and everything.
Thaat said, my compact Witness .45 weighs as much as my CZ75, so if weight is a factor, consider that.

Here is a link to a 9mm compact for probably $450 with everything else...
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/15619
CZs are amazing guns, and they will always be my favorite. But the Witness line, for better or worse, and amazing products and are teh second best value in small arms in the world  :laugh:

kym

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »
I've had a couple of people told me their older Witness were pretty bad. Mine only cost $350 new but I wouldn't take $500 for it. It is very accurate. And works all the time. The edges on mine are not rounded off where as on the CZ the edges are very smooth. Would like to get a CZ Compact Model.

b5.5dan

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 10:46:09 PM »
You know, I hear a lot of people complaining about the Witness, but for as many of them as they sell, they can't be that bad. You get a few people with problems and that's all you hear about. Generally speaking, when I buy something and it works the way it's supposed to, I don't run around saying "look! It actually works as advertised!" haha! Seriously though, mine have a good amount of lead through the pipe, and the only problems I've ever had were due to crappy ammo. Is fit and finish what you will find on firearms starting at $150 more? Not even close. But they shoot like my CZs, come in .38 Super, and work. I love mine and would stand behind them completely. I carry mine in rotation with the SP-01 and never have a care in the world...

Offline dogdog

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 06:49:54 AM »
You guys are great.   Thanks for the advice.   There's a gun show I think this weekend in Pasadena.  Think I'll swing out but think hard between the witness and maybe having to special order the CZ.   BTW, can someone elaborate a bit more between a cz 75 D and a CZ 75 B models?

thanks

dogdog

Offline dogdog

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »
Hi all,

I finally done it!  I bought my cz!   CZ 75 dual tone?  I think that's what Bud's called it.  Of course it's weird because the picture is different.  I thought it was going to have two tones of black/blue but this one has steel slider on a black lower. I was a bit disappointed but because this is my first gun, I'm too excited to send it back.   :grin: :grin:

I sent some lead down range to check it out and it was alot of fun.  Sure wished it had the visual safety like my cousins had.  This one has the decocker and the Single action/Double action safety mechanisms so it's just something I'm going to have to get used to.   I cleaned it this morning.  Took a lot longer than I thought but I was following along with a video (after I watched it a few times).  [size=78%]
[/size]

It's all locked up in my gun safe.  I'm now going to look for a couple more magazines and maybe check out the Kadet mod kit.   I'm stoked!!  :cool: [size=78%]   [/size]

b5.5dan

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 02:27:54 PM »
Congrats! Glad you got it! Is that video from your channel?

Offline dogdog

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 02:45:35 PM »
No, just something I surfed around and found on youtube.  There was some others but this one seemed to be pretty thorough,...not that I know what that would look like....hahahaa...but anyway, I liked that he did it at the bathroom sink.  Sort of what I would've done if I didn't have a wife would've give me grief.  So he got more props for that.   :tongue:

b5.5dan

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »
Haha! My wife works graves so I just wait until she leaves and do it in the front room at the coffee table. I need to give mine all a deep-cleaning. It's about time for the 75B to go into the smith for a full service...

Powerpuff boy

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 02:57:29 AM »
Congratulations!    Definitely go for Kadet kit.  You won't regret it.   By far, the wisest gun purchase I have ever made. 

b5.5dan

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 10:37:10 AM »
Thing about the Kadet kit is that after 5000 rounds (what is that? $100?) the trigger on your new baby will feel like butter. They just get better with each actuation

Offline dogdog

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 02:17:03 PM »
I'm actually torn between getting another firearm  :grin: :grin: or getting the Kadet.  In these scary political times, yet with the costs of ammo, it's a difficult choice!    :lipsrsealed:

dog

b5.5dan

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 02:33:41 PM »
The choice would be simple for me. Another firearm. And I would get it in 9mm, .40 S&W (I hope AVM isn't around lol), or .45. 10mm if I could. The .22 is nice and economical, but when things go all pear-shaped, personal protection is going to be more important than economical plinking. As long as you have a .22lr rifle (you can still do plenty with that after, well, our modern-day reenactment of "Blue vs. Gray"), having s stout firearm for each member of your household/survival group will be of paramount import.

My goal is to have at least two firearms per caliber for when it gets ugly so that me and my wife can have each others' back lol. Just need another AR and another 10mm. Oh, and another .40 now.