Author Topic: Always wanted a Dan Wesson revolver  (Read 5339 times)

charlie98

Always wanted a Dan Wesson revolver
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:27:45 PM »
I've always wanted a Dan Wesson revolver and was researching a bit online before I took the plunge to buy a used one... but saw where CZ is bringing the model 15 (or 715) back out?

Can this be true...???  :shocked:

..I don't suppose they are going to bring the .41 back out, do you?   :grin:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Always wanted a Dan Wesson revolver
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:15:15 AM »
         I really have no idea, but what I can say is Welcome to the Forum, bunch of really great folks here and I think you will have fun and possibly make some new friends. I know how you feel, I allways wanted a DanWesson from the day I saw one, Which happened to be the one they sold with 2 extra different size barrels, so that what you ended up with was basicly 3 interchable wheelguns for the price of one and a half wheelguns. That almost makes no sence but I hope you get my meaning. I just could never afford one even a little one and now that I can I am only collecting CZ's. Ain't life Grand?
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

wesson fan

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »
found this old post on Dan Wesson Revolvers. I have for sale a 414 super mag, 357 super mag silhouette, and .22 cal. super rem silhouette.

gandog56

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 10:33:10 AM »
Well, I submitted to my desires and got this Dan Wesson 15-2VH Pistol Kit. (Or should I say FOUR because that's how many different length barrels came with it?)

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 02:11:19 PM »
You even got the highly desired Zebra Wood grips!

TJ Hooker would be proud of you!
www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.

gandog56

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 03:40:25 PM »
Unfortunately the other grips are thinner and fit my small hand better. But I'm keeping it in case I ever sell whole kit.

Which isn't ever likely, so don't ask!   :tongue:

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 02:06:30 PM »
Oh man! I am SO jealous! I have always wanted that set (well most likely not That particular set  :cheesy: ) but could not afford it. I have seen a couple on Gunbroker and AuctionArms but again out of my price range. Good on you mate! definately something you can leave to the family or sell a long  way down the road if you ever need money that badly. Cause I sure don't see that set of DW's losing even a nickle over time. I believe they also came out with a fifth barrel for the set, but don't remember what length it is/was.

Safe shooting, and Happy days
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

gandog56

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »
There were actually THREE optional barrels. 10", 12", and 15". I sent an email to CZ because the 10" barrel is still listed but it says out of stock. They said they were between moving to a new building and would then make some more, but we're talking like $460 bucks for the barrel, shroud, and nut assembly, all of which you need.

Also I'm on a list with EWK arms, who makes third party Wesson barrel assemblies. They don.t have any but the standard sizes in stock now either, but they also plan to make some of the optional sizes later.

http://www.ewkarms.com/zen8/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12