Author Topic: CZ 512 22LR Carbine - Any owners out there?  (Read 3153 times)

Offline joecbr

CZ 512 22LR Carbine - Any owners out there?
« on: June 23, 2018, 02:41:56 PM »
Hello - I'm new to this forum and to CZ. This week I picked up a new 512 carbine in 22LR.  I've had one trip to the range with no issues other than adjusting the windage on the rear sight.  I sold my Ruger 10/22 because I was just not happy with the rotary mags.  At any rate, the CZ seems to be higher quality than the 10/22 and my first impression is it will be a keeper.

I'm wondering if there are other 512 owners out there that want to exchange info/experiences? There don't seem to be many replies on this forum? Not unusual to see 300 views and no replies? Thus far I have ordered a Ruger 1/2 x 28 short flash suppressor from shop-Ruger and an additional 10 rd poly mag and 5 rd steel mag for CZ.  I'm also considering what looks like a high quality EGW Picatinny rail to attach to the 11mm rail on the upper.  I'm hoping to be able to use Weaver scope rings instead of the proprietary CZ rings.  I'm also considering Tech Sights which are not specifically available for the 512.

I'm located in Northern VA. I'll be checking back to see if there is any interest in a more active discussion on the 512.

Thanks

Offline joecbr

Re: CZ 512 22LR Carbine - Any owners out there?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 09:32:25 PM »
Another trip to the range today.  Really liking the carbine.  Seems like a high quality gun.  Shot Remington Golden Bullet.  No issues.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 09:40:21 PM »
Some pics would be nice.....I'm considering the 512 tactical for possible steel challenge shooting a 10/22 for that now....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline joecbr

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 03:24:22 PM »
So far I am impressed with the workmanship on this rifle. Everything looks well designed and fabricated with care. Take down and cleaning is effortless. I just took some pictures with the scope mounted, but I have to go to a photo sharing site,and link to this forum to share them.  I'm not big on uploading to photo sharing sites, sorry.  However, if you want the pics, just send me your email address and I'll forward them. Most other forms allow the pics to be uploaded directly to your posts? If there is some way to attach them here please let me know.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:18:41 PM by chfields »