Author Topic: CZ 38  (Read 31572 times)

El Rubio

CZ 38
« on: February 14, 2012, 06:40:05 PM »
Hello, This is my first post here. My father gave me an old CZ 38 he brought home from Germany after WWII. It's missing a magazine and needs a couple of parts. It has some pitting on the frame and slide, but is generally in pretty good functional condition, minus the trigger spring and disconnector. I'm looking for those parts and any other info on it. I'm not concerned about value all that much and have google'd some info on it. I'm not having much luck with the parts search. If anybody here could offer any info or possible source of parts, I'd be very appreciative. My father bought it from an "old German" for 10 cigarettes. He brought it home and fired it after the war. It has sat around since. I recall it as a child and being in much better condition. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: CZ 38
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:07:32 PM »
      Hi and I am sorry no one has said hello yet. But I certainly would like to wWelcome you to the Forum! We tend to have a fun group and a lot of folks that try to help when they can.

Have you tried Numrich? They sometimes have parts for older weapons, especially ones that may not of had as maqny made as others. Here is a link to them with a blow up of the parts or assembly: http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=8641. And I just found this link. Didn'y look to see how old it is just grabed it and stuck it here hoping it helps you. If you find what you need maybe let us know ans take some pics and post them?
http://www.marstar.ca/ac-cz1938s/index.shtm
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

El Rubio

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 07:29:53 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with Numrich, of course, they don't have the parts I'm looking for in stock. I have found other parts there that weren't initially in stock so I"ll keep checking there and Marstar. If I can't find one, I may look into having the disconnector fabricated locally. Looks like a simple piece from the drawings, but would like to see an original. Thanks for the help.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:11:37 AM »
          Keep us updated if you would please. It may help others and maybe if we get enough folks looking for discontinued parts and finding them some how and posting the link, then we could start a Hard to find Parts Board

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

El Rubio

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 04:38:24 PM »
Will do.

shenessee

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 01:06:30 AM »
Let me know if you ever find a source for the disconnector or have one made.....I have been looking for one for a CZ 28 now for quite a few years. I would split the cost if you can have 2 made.

Thanks,

Shawn

DesertDave

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 11:20:18 PM »
Howdy! I have just purchased a parts lot from a stripped CZ 39. I do NOT have frame or grips, but most everything else....You can email me at brother40@mac.com about your missing parts....DesertDave

Offline El Rubio

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 09:48:54 AM »
Hello, I wanted to update a source, at least for now, for the CZ 38 disconnector I inquired about several years ago. I hope resurrecting an old topic isn't a problem here. I had hoped that "shenessee" was a member since I recall, he/she was looking for the same part. This disconnector is probably the most difficult to find part for this somewhat rare pistol.  Anyway, I found someone on eBay selling reproductions of the disconnector. I bought one and saw they had 6 left. The seller claims this is a limited manufacturing run and these could be all that are available. A link to the item is below. I had searched off and on for several years and hope this finds someone else looking for the same item.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disconnector-for-CZ38-CZ-38-vz-38-Nutcracker/252441207825?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2018, 10:50:21 AM »
thanks for the info, bought the last 2.