Author Topic: LHS holsters - IWB holster  (Read 17880 times)

Pavel

LHS holsters - IWB holster
« on: January 31, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »
Hello Guys,

I am new to the forum and seeing holster thread is empty I decided to post this here. I am really curious what you think about this holster:

Thanks for all opinions.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: LHS holsters - IWB holster
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 02:30:52 PM »
Thanks for posting the picture and also Welcome to the Forum. Did you make that yourself? I presume it's Kaydex(sp?) attached to ? Leather or what? It looks well done and certainly seems to hug the weapons outlines nicely. Sorry I missed the LHS part. I apologize I don't recognize the initials. OK I just looked up LHS Holsters, looks like a new(ish) company? I wanted to look at a couple of models and the pics aren't ready yet. but the others like yours look pretty good. I'm presuming you have the Hawk IWB. Like I said appears to really snug the weapon. I suppose the question would be xince they are a new company have you order yet? (you didn't say whether that holster and weapon are yours). ANd do they even make them for CZ pistols?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:43:40 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Pavel

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
 Hi GhostWarrior and all other CZ fans,

Yes it is a new company and it has been operating for a year – I am the founder but I wanted to get opinions without disclosing the fact – however, you go me ;) thanks for the compliments on my holsters. Not because I make them but yes, it really “ hugs” the weapon and is very comfortable when worn. We use 1,5mm Kydex for the shell which we attach to 3,2m cowhide. Then we seal the rivets at the back with Nappa leather for comfort. You can see all on the website – I am bit confused after reading you could not find picture – did you check the Gallery,  what we have available at the moment its all there. The holster is the model I use on a daily basis but the weapon is a air soft replica we used for the picture – it is made by ASG, company from Denmark that has the license from CZ to manufacture air soft replicas of their guns.

On the carry side – we have a lot of customers from Bulgaria ( including guys from the forces, plain cloth police officers and others) since I started the company one year ago. However, I decided it is time to go international thus the reason I try to find out what shooters all over the world think about the design and so on. In regards to models for CZ – we are expecting some hardware delivery by the end of February and after that we will have huge variety of gun brands available, including many CZ models.

Have a great day!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 03:37:54 PM »
Thank you for posting and I am looking forward to seeing any and all the CZ Model holsters you make. Do you have any now that will fit a CZ 75 Pre-ban, The Compact or the SP01 Shadow? The LHS Sepia Appendix looks very intresting and I think I would like to see how it feels.fits.  And I am sorry but I just this moment checked your site and for the Night Guard and the Travel Guard it still says pictures are coming soon. The Gallery does have pictures but as they are not labeled I have no idea which is which. Which one if any is the Night Guard or the Travel Guard?

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Pavel

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »
 Hi GhostWarrior,

Yes, in regards to the Travel guard and the night guard – they are simply holsters to be installed in the car and in the Bedroom so you can have your weapon handy if the situation calls for it. I am still working on the design, so will get pictures as soon as I am ready to present the product. Good point about the gallery -  I spoke today with my web designer and will have the pictures separated in sub galleries for every model.

Well, CZ models available – once I get the hardware from the US ( not later than 30th of February I will be able to make holsters for the following CZ models: CZ 75D Compact ( about to supply holsters for the Czech Criminal police and this is their standard issue handgun).

CZ pre ban – I have to admit I need your help. Was this a ban introduced in the States in regards to Hi cap magazines? Anyway, here is a link to demo gun of the CZ 75 I will be making:

http://www.safetybasement.com/PhotoDetails.asp?ShowDESC=N&ProductCode=BT-FSCZ75

If we are talking about this one, I am your guy! ;) Other models I will be making are CZ75 P-07 and CZ75 COMPACT .

I am glad you liked the Sepia – I run a promotion at the moment so if you order it now I do not require payment – I will ask for Paypal transfer once the holster is ready to ship the next day.

Have a great day.

Pavel

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »
I missed to mention SP01 Shadow - holsters will be available for this model as well.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »
    Shiny! Two things though: when Most folks say or use the term CZ 75 Pre-Ban, they are referring to the CZ 75's that were made in the 80's and they are called Pre-ban because the in the late 80's the US Government stop the Import of CZ and other "Communist Block" weapons into the US, So for a while until the 90's CZ's were next to impossible to find let alone buy. When everything changed and CZ's could be imported again the CZ Company had modified the design a bit and in part to satisfy US Safety issues regarding fire arms. The Major cosmetic change was to the trigger guard, The older versions ie: CZ 75 Pre-Bans have a Rounded trigger guard, the CZ 75 B model's trigger guard has a point or corner. So the Pre-B models may fit the B model holsters but the B models will not fit the Pre-B holsters. The model pistol you are getting is the CZ 75 B design. So possibly it can be used for both but I may have forgotten some other cosmetic change to the frame so I'm not positive.
    Second when you have a Sepia holster set up for the CZ 75 or the 75 Compact let me know and I will be happy to buy it.  And congradulations on the Czech Criminal police contract! well done.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:49:46 PM by GhostWarrior »

Pavel

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 01:17:54 PM »
Thanks for the explanation - I see what you mean now on the pre ban story! You understand as a citizen of a post communist country we had no such issue - well we did not have the right to bear arms anyway but that is another and very long story ;)

Ok, Have a look at the picture, which model we are talking about - the one with the rail or the one without:

If it is the one with the rail, you can have the holster ready to be shipped to you by next Friday. If it is the one without the rail I will be able to do it from 30th of February onwards.

By the way, what do you think - would there be any market for my holsters in the US? I am currently in the search of a partner to work with and any advice will be much appreciated. Have a great day, GhostWarrior!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »
The 75 Compact, (the one without the rails) and no hurry. As for your second question I have no knowledge or idea about any part of your industry and what all it entails. Starting anything is hard enough even in your own city let alone Country, Trying to start something internationally has GOT to be a bear of an undertaking. All I can possibly advise you to do is figure out the time and a way to research how much competition you would/will have there or here and then decide that is the mountain you want to concur. Oh and don’t forget about the Customs folks in whatever country you want to export to let alone what you need to even export anything from your own country.

jack76590

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »
Snaps are very common on holsters, esp the one way snaps. However, I do not find snaps convenient and end just putting my belt thru the loops.

Therefore, I like no snaps, just solid loops. I think the best is a loop held with "chicago screws" that permits you to change size of loop yet provides  lower profile than snaps.

These are used on Kramer holsters. Link to picture.   Look for the copper screws. Kramer also makes holsters for CZs. They are not cheap.

http://www.kramerleather.com/bigImage.cfm?image=E_holster_lg.jpg

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:17:31 PM by jack76590 »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 04:53:29 PM »
I agree frankly especially with one way snaps. They can be a major pain to line up and make snap. I like the srew idea though.

jack76590

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »
Pavel,

There is a big holster market in the US with all the "shall issue" States. However, there are also a lot of good holster makers in the US.

Only a few holster makers have holsters especially designed for women. And then only a few models. Since Chris(tine)  Cummingham closed shop, I can not name any woman headed holster companies.

Therefore, if you are looking for a niche market, women's holsters might be it. But then you run into the old question asked by us guys of "what do women want?" But as in life generally, there might be dividends in finding an answer to that question. 

And encouraging women to own and carry guns will result in greater protection for firearm owner rights generally.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:11:15 PM by jack76590 »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 09:43:11 PM »
      Well said Jack. And Pavel I am going to add you to my list of holster makers as soon as you PM me your web site address and or a way to contact you. Also add a list of the CZ pistols you can accommodate now and as you add more I will add those to your links as well. Best wishes.

BTW the Holster Mfg and what they make for CZ's is not going to be easy nor quickly made nor posted but it will get posted. In the mean time I have listed all the ones that I could find that had Anything holster wise for CZ's by their URLs.

jack76590

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 11:26:15 PM »
GW,

I am not a holster maker, but I am interested in holster design.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 08:05:50 AM »
Thanks Jack76590 I was commenting on your statement about niche markets and carry holsters for woman. You made a very good point.

And since Pavel is a Holster maker I am going to add him to the list when ever he is ready to set up officially. And I get his information to add to the list.

Speaking of lists, if anyone is really good at designing or figuring out how to set up a excel spreadsheet or chart from scratch, I would love it if you could either help me or give me some ideas how to lay it out. What I envision is a chart listing the Holster Mfg, and then list the holster that mfg makes by weapon model and by the style of holster they make for that particular pistol/wheelgun.

Say something like MFG Name: URL: then CZ 75 Pre-ban: then styles (IWB, OWB, SH, AH, PH, Exotics, and so on). The only thing is that the "and so on" may be hard to list. And the second question it make it really easy for everyone Should I list the weapon first, the mfg of the holster  URL, and then the holsters by style and make. Well in the mean time I'm just going to give the first one a go since it seems the simpler one to try first.

Why do I suddenly feel like one of the Monks from back in the day that spent months working on copying just one book by hand?  :laugh: