Author Topic: Tagua Gunleather Experience  (Read 3144 times)

b5.5dan

Tagua Gunleather Experience
« on: September 15, 2011, 10:39:50 PM »
Hello, Lads!
Let me tell you a story...
About 2 months ago I purchased a Tagua Gunleather IWB holster (like this: http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/inside-the-waist-holsters-p27). The website says $29, but I paid $10 more than that. Anyway, after 2 months of use, I had a "problem". The metal retaining clip had become loose, and the leather part came away from the clip. My 1911 fell into my pants and, well, it could have been a nasty situation. Now, I was quite unhappy with this (to say the least), and so I wrote to Tagua to tell them about how disappointed I was. Well, I sent them an email at about 2300 hours, and I had a response by 1000 hours the next day. "What happened? ARE YOU ALRIGHT? We're very, very sorry about this. Let us fix this!" Anyway, I told them a new clip would be nice and tey said "OK. THank you sir and we're SOOO sorry!" I was happy with the customer service so far, but still...

Anyway, I got home today and what did I find? The good people at Tagua had sent me 2 clips. What was better was that those 2 clips were attached to 2 BRAND NEW holsters!  :grin:

Another thing I should add is that the failure occurred because I was putting the holster on and taking it off, and I had put the clip on over my pants and the belt. Furthermore, I seem to have repaired the problem by simply tapping the old clip with a hammer. I didn't have to pound it; just a few light taps.

Now, I know you need to check your equipment frequently, but I let that one slip and it didn't work for me that day. It sucks that the clip stretched at all, but it's a little metal clip. There's only so much you can do with it.

Anyway, my point is this. The clip failure was bad, but I could have avoided it (I think)by paying just a little more attention. Nevertheless, the people at Tagua Gunleather were truly Stand-Up people who saw a problem, and without asking any questions (other than to see if I was ok) went above and beyond to make the customer happy. The holster can affix to your belt without the clip, and even at that, I have all the faith in that part now that I know what to look for as far as maintenance goes.

So even though I found out how great these guys are because of something that went wrong, I have no qualms whatsoever about recommending their products to you guys here, and that's saying a lot. I wouldn't recommend something crappy to you guys; you're like family! Also, the leather they use is very high-quality, and looks and feels great.

So there you go. My experience with a company that turned out to be pretty darn good!

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Tagua Gunleather Experience
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »
And because of that story they are now part of the URL list of Holster makers. Free of charge same as everyone other URL there. And thanks for letting us know the story and how they handled it.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Ma}{imus

Re: Tagua Gunleather Experience
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 03:39:58 PM »
Always nice to hear of some great customer service. It sure looks like they did you right.