Author Topic: Tristar T100 questions  (Read 5057 times)

kipster45

Tristar T100 questions
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:40:24 PM »
As I mentioned in my 'newby' post, I got my CCW after a one day training session from Gander Mountain. There were some helpful hints and tips, along with a Glock 19 commercail. Having brought my RR 1911A1 I was also advised that it was about to fall apart and that .45 ACP WhiteBox was no where the equal of +P 147 gr. 9mm cartridges.
So it was with some trepadition that I shot the qualifying part of the course-apparently I did OK, all shot fired and my 1911 was whole.
But I did want to explore this 9mm business. I considered the aforementioned Glock 19, and it was an impressive shooting appliance, but it was, and still is ugly.
Long story short, I ended up with the TriStar T100. I'm impressed with it in terms of quality, as well as the mechanics. It can be used SA with the safety (per 1911) as well as double action.
First shots were 100% reliable with several brands of ammunition. It appeared to be shooting low, which may be a function of my shooting ability (outside chance, of course) but still kinda fun.
My question is: do the CZ75D compact mags fit this clone? From what I gather web wise the Mec-Gar magazines are excellent as well as priced right.
The next question would be the same about the grips?"

Offline Latigo

Re: Tristar T100 questions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 10:10:06 AM »
I have a T-100 as well and it is my everyday carry gun.  I did have four failures to go into battery in the first 100 rounds, but since then, it's chewed up everything I've run through it.  Mine also shoots a bit low, but not seriously, if I sight on the top of the bull it punches the center,  and it does point naturally.  For holsters, anything that'll fit a Baby Eagle Semi-compact will work.  I use an IWB from Crossbreed.  My magazines are Mec Gar designed for the CZ 75 Compact, so yes, those do work, and work well.  The only thing is, you do lose a round from what comes from Tristar.  Hope this helps.

kipster45

Re: Tristar T100 questions
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »
Latigo;
Thanks! I was considering doing the IDPA thing, and would need more mags. It will be awhile, as the weather here in Wisconsin is a bit chilly, so downrange stuff must needs await mother Nature!