Author Topic: Sarsilmaz CM9 Gen2  (Read 9220 times)

Offline bailey

Sarsilmaz CM9 Gen2
« on: June 16, 2017, 05:49:16 AM »
Just purchased an inexpensive little 9mm from Classic  Firearms when they were running them for $249.99   I was wondering if anyone else has purchased one and if the have had a positive experience with it.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: Sarsilmaz CM9 Gen2
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 05:19:13 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! While I don't have personal experience, I have heard good things about the Sars. Again, welcome to our forum!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline bailey

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 05:00:54 AM »
Thank you for the warm greeting.

Woke up early this morning so I can go to the reloading room and run off a batch of 9mm so I can be the first one at the range this morning. I shot the Gen2 last Sunday and was impressed with its operation. The point of impact was very low and the supplied screwdriver type stamped wrench bent badly as I tried to adjust the elevation on the rear sight. I had no real screwdriver with me so I put it away and played with the Glock, Styer, and Springfield XDE.

I will say that I was out of my comfort range when I purchased this rather inexpensive little 9mm.  Armed only with the 5 or 6 comments from other buyers I figured what the heck its only money and it won't be too big of a loss if it shoots badly. Basically I tore up a section of the target and made a massive hole that if properly centered in the target might be something to be proud of.

To be truthful I'm not a 9mm guy but rather 1911 person. I do have the Glock 23 which my son convinced me to purchase and I bought an aftermarket stainless barrel in 9mm for it so I could shoot lead. The wife has the Styer and the Springfield XDE.

In having shot the three different well 4 if you count my Glock in the mix I would have to probably pick the XDE followed by the Gen2.
I will also say that while on the range a gentleman showed up with a CZ75  Shadow all tricked out. I had an opportunity to shoot his Shadow and would probably part with one of my 1911's to own that fine gun.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »
I also grew up shooting the 1911 and i ended up getting the CZ 75B SA and tricking it out for IDPA. The Shadow would definitely be my next pick, I got the chance to shoot one in competition after the slide stop broke on my SA. It is a sweet pistol, can't be beat, IMHO...
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Hemiram

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 05:35:23 PM »
I have the CM9 gen2, along with it's predecessor, the CM9, AKA SAR K2P, and both are great guns, regardless of the price.