Author Topic: My New CZ P10c  (Read 3640 times)

Offline Dzczp10

My New CZ P10c
« on: July 08, 2018, 07:33:08 PM »
My new CZ P10c FDE 9mm (2) 15 rd mags came in today. (2) 17 rd mags I ordered were with it as well.The small grip was on. A medium and large are included too. Might be changing to medium? Ammo came in yesterday which was great timing.
I cleaned it up and a put a little lube on. Magazine release wasn't as bad as I thought from some reviews. Mags popped out nicely. Slide worked well. Removed it and checked how it looked. Trigger was smooth and had a very short reset as expected.
Everything looked and felt great as it should.
Took some pics of the slide, interior frame and mags to compare
it after I take it to the range tomorrow.
A paper with the test fire of 3 rounds from 15m and their placement was also included from CZ.

Let you know how the range goes.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 07:35:50 PM by Dzczp10 »

Offline Dzczp10

Re: My New CZ P10c first day at range
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 03:10:03 PM »
1st day at the range completed!
Today I put 200 rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm 124gr. FMJ thru the new CZ P10c FDE.Before I say anything, the guys at  the gun shop range spotted the CZ case and came over to check it out before I entered the range area.I told them this was the first time for the gun and they said "...you will be amazed how it shoots... but if you have any questions or assistance leave the firearm unloaded at your station and get one of us." Four staff were working.Well the gun shot flawlessly. The mags fit perfect and ejected with a little effort. Mag spring still a little stiff after 200.The grip panel from the factory was the small so I changed to the medium size before I got to the range and that was a good fit.The sights lined right up. The gun just points where you want it. I was very excited how well I actually did
with the targets starting out at 5yds. I eventually walked the targets out to 15 yds with accuracy.I planned to do about 400 rounds but by 200 I noticed some grip fatigue and some accuracy drop off.Finished up then. The trigger was smooth in the draw up and then the wall/resistance before firing.Comfortable to stage the trigger.The pull up I would say was not super buttery smooth but about 80-85 percent smooth.And light. That should improve with more use.The fire was crisp. No play after the wall.Minimal muzzle jump.At the end of the day I could not be more happy about the CZP10.I want to give a shout out to the forum threads,reviews,recommendations and links,videos on the CZ P10c firing,grip,stance,ammo to use,preparation to fire,disassembly, and safety. Thanks to you I had an awesome experience. 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:13:07 PM by Dzczp10 »

Offline Dzczp10

Re: My New CZ P10c customizing
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 07:21:31 AM »
I went back to the indoor range the other day. Put 200 rounds of Blazer Brass 124gr thru.Everything worked flawlessly. Got home and cleaned it out. It gets dirty pretty fast.Cleaned the magazines as well. Bought the UPLULA magazine loader that makes loading the mags easier and quicker. Also got a  Cordura OWB holster that holds one mag
for around the house. Not expensive,does the job. The gun looks great in FDE but,I wanted to customize a part to make it more unique to me. So I am getting the outside of the barrel done inTitanium Nitride burnished gold. I don't want to do any ports on the slide because more dirt can get in and didn't want to have serrations cut on the chamfer or top slide.

Barrel should be back in a couple weeks.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:23:16 AM by Dzczp10 »

Offline Dvrdwn72

Re: My New CZ P10c
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 10:34:58 AM »
I haven't fully broken mine in yet. The trigger seems a little gritty, I know with a couple hundred more rounds it will smooth out.
After roughly 200 rounds I'm happy with it.

Offline Dzczp10

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 06:36:47 AM »
Great to hear that. Some say... which was the guy at the range I went to said .." no need for a break in it will perform well right out of the box..."(which it did for me), others say needs about 500 rounds. Either way just shoot it and buy more ammo.
 Finally figured out which service to use from the "Show and Tell" forum.
Using tinypic I added a photo below:
Additional target photos are posted in the "Show and Tell" forum from the 1st range day.
The CZ P10c is awesome

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:09:41 AM by Dzczp10 »

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 05:49:45 AM »
Now that I've run about 500 rounds I can tell a difference. Everything is smoothing out and I'm feeling less "friction" off the trigger. This has become a fun fun to shoot.

Offline Dzczp10

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 08:41:26 AM »
Glad to here it. The more you shoot the more fun. Not only the trigger, mag release as well. The balance and pointing is remarkable.
I recently added the Talon FDE grips. Very easy to put on. Some videos out there I checked on first.They cover the grip nubs nicely and  my hand feels like it can squeeze the grip now a little better. Less fatigueis realized after shooting 200 rounds.
If you buy them $17-$19 and dont like them just peel them off. So far i am keeping them on.