Author Topic: My Saiga  (Read 13839 times)

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: My Saiga
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 07:08:04 AM »
Well, they guys from Sons of Guns made a 1000 yard AK based off the saiga. I'm sure they used the 7.62x51(.308) for it, but if you got one in .223 I'm sure you could easily get out past 500-800 yards with the proper mods. I also reccomend getting the HK front sight and diopter(rear sight) for iron sights. They're much more accurate than standard AK style sights. You can also make them look almost exactly like an AR-15 with the quadrail and buttstock. I was thinking about getting one, just have to do more research.

Tiberius

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 06:05:32 PM »
I love AK pattern rifles, yours is a real beauty too, coupled with the mighty .308 that is a wonderful combination.

They really are fun rifles to shoot and quite possibly the most prolific rifle ever made for the role they were intended for, I'm still personally waiting on a model in 7.62x54r and not quite ready to dive in on a PSL yet.

Marvin the Martian

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
Nice rifle and cool  patches,  too! Did you  modify  your  depicted  rifle  or did  it  come  from the factory so?

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 05:29:05 PM »
With the exception of the bi-pod as far as I know it's all factory. Bought it from a friend a year ago. Shoots realy sweetly.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »
I used to have concerns about the forward assist, but that was before I knew how easy it was to clean the AR. I thought to was going to be way harder than it is. Anyway, I still wouldn't mind getting an AK-style battle rifle at some point. And if I do, it will most likely be a Saiga. Very nice.