Author Topic: Arsenal Inc. SGL 21-66 (tactical warsaw length buttstock)!!!!  (Read 7962 times)

james

Arsenal Inc. SGL 21-66 (tactical warsaw length buttstock)!!!!
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:38:31 PM »
Ok I know the title is a bit misleading, but I just ordered it!  I am guessing it'll take a week or two to get to the FFL dealer, but I'm very excited  :cheesy:   I will post pictures as soon as I get my hands on it.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Arsenal Inc. SGL 21-66 (tactical warsaw length buttstock)!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »
           Looking forward to seeing it and attached.

Yes Sir Sarget! I mean Goollllyyy Geeee, I done seen it with my own eyes Sarget Sir. :cheesy:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

james

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »
Well still nothing.... No tracking number (which I am not surprised about) but not e-mail confirming that my order was shipped and no indication that the FFL has received any info either.  I am trying really hard to not call and find out what is going on, since I'm sure they get tons of calls every week with that "where's my gun" question.  Patience is not something I enjoy lol!

Oh well, I hope nothing went wrong since they took my money only an hour after I ordered it!  Anyway I will keep you all updated, but nothing new to report...  I hate the waiting game. :cry:

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:09:05 AM »
             Personaly if you haven't heard anything withing 4 or 5 days I would call them. BTW what do you plan on mounting it on?

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

james

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 04:20:55 PM »
ALSDKFJASDLKFJASLDKFJ!!!!!

I mean I got it!  You were right GW turns out they got in in TWO DAYS AFTER I ORDERED.  The FFL never bothered to call me.....  So I just went and got it right after I posted lol. 

I was thinking of getting the scope rail mount and putting on an Aimpoint Micro most likely or an Eotech(sp?)  Thatll have to be after my bank account recovers though  :shocked:   I also will be buying at least six or eight 30 round mags before the fancy stuff.

Aside from that all I really want is a Surefire type light system and perhaps a folding stock someday if I am feeling really fancy.  some sort of optic and a light are really the must haves for me.  I am a former Marine so I am used to the M16 style rifles, but I wanted something different for my "end of the world rifle" or "zombie rifle" whatever title you go by.  I played with AK's over in Iraq, but obviously they weren't my main battle rifle so I'm looking forward to figuring out my weapons manipulation techniques with this new system.  I will get a proper sling too, but for now I made a field expedient single point sling out of 550 chord.

So without further ado; here she is (Sandy is her name)

Woohoo!  Stoked I gotta say.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 02:24:56 PM »

That's shiny that is! Nice work.

BTW, not to start an argument, but I have a LOT of years with firearms, 90% of which is/was small arms. I was a member of the ASLET for a while and I have close quarter engagement experience, both here in the States and elsewhere. I gotta say that putting a light even a Laser on a weapon (long guns, or small arms [which also includes SMG IE: MP-5, Mac 10, Uzi and a couple others]) is not a really good idea. Here's why: A light, flashlight, tends to go out in a cone and it's effectiveness ends long before the range of your weapon is capable of, so it's not really a help. It will also mess up your night vision no end, and that's bad off as you can be in a fire fight. And add to that because it's one and at the ready it's lined up with your center mass whether you go at them full front or crab there is still a lot of you they can hit. All they have to do is sight the center of your light from outside it's cone and the doc says you gonna die, or get hurt real bad. You totally give away your position to the bad guys and they don't even have to work hard to take you out. Seems like a less than optimum thing to do. And personally I try VERY hard  to make them die instead of me. I don't remember who said this or the exact words, but it's something like "the point is not to die for your country, it's for the other guy to die for his" works for criminals also.

I just looked it up and this I found by michael b on Yahoo Answers:

"The proper quote is:

"You don't win wars by dying for your country!! You win wars by making the other silly son of a b*tch die for HIS country!!
 General George S. Patton" "

Anyway you get the point, you also run into the same problems (all of them) with lasers whether you believe it or not. Actually an idea to try just to see for yourself is just tape a light to the muzzle of your pistol or rifle, either at night or in a really dark area if you can find one big enough. Start by letting your eyes adjust to the light level or lack thereof, say a couple mins. Then switch on the light and do a search sweep with your weapon. Now turn off your light and see how much you can see. 10 to one it won't be much, now try that with a friend, have them stand in the room as far away as they can get but still be in the tech range of your weapon, flip on your light it's a given they will see you, but if the area is big enough then they will see your light and know where you are, but outside the effective distance of the light. Move forward until you can see them and stop. Have the other person turn on the lights and look how far you had to go to see them with your light. And the stronger the light the more it screws with your vision. BTW do this test after making sure really, really sure the weapon is unloaded. Oh here's an idea, do this entire test with both parties using paint ball guns. One with a light one without, see how many hits you each make on the other. Use ALL safety gear please. I know you are a Marine (yep I know "Once a Marine allways a Marine") but things happen so double check everything. No offence meant.

And last point, (honest I promise) Both the Military, FBI and a couple other Agencies have been running ongoing tests, using both Lasers and Lights, and so far the results are not in favor of either of them, Because it has proved to be a hindrance in re-acquiring your target after each shot. People naturally tend to follow the light instead of looking forward as they would in daylight.

Yes this got more or less off topic, but I really doubt that many folks stop at this Topic on this Board
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 02:27:02 PM by GhostWarrior »

oli700

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »

Nice looking rifle James !
 Ghost Warrior, on the light, what about target id in a home defense situation. Seems like a good option, if you have enough ambient light in the house to id than they can see you, if you call out than they know where you are. If you have a light you might give away your position but if one is smart about it the intruder should be blinded some and you should have the advantage??
 I definitely see your point if there are no id concerns, everyone in front of the muzzle is a target type of situation. But I have never had to do it for a living ,  always trying to learn though

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 06:06:55 PM »

Well thanks a really good question, I would have addressed it before but I realized how much I was typing and not on topic so I stopped. But anyway to answer you, and that was a good question, basicly you are correct, as long as you haven't turned on the or a light when you think you heard something out of the ordinary, then actually you should have the advantage. And that's becasue when you wake up you are in the dark and your eyes have actually adjusted to a darker dark (eyes closed no light gets in with the lights out) so when you open your eyes, the room is actually has more than enough light to see by. ( I hope that made sense I for sure messed up the way I said it) The bad guy is coming into your house from outside with a much brighter ambient light, so his night vison is not going to be on par with yours for at least a couple seconds. Plus you know your house layout and the bad guy dosen't so you have two advantages and the BG has zip. At this point. Here's where a light would work very well in your favor but Not if it's on your weapon, (the person will be blinded yes, but odds are that they will get off a snap shot or two in the direction the light came from, so at that point he may or may not get lucky. Try this, and yes you will need to practice it on a regular basis to make it work; have your weapon in your strong hand and the flash light in your weal hand hold it out from your body as far as you can then snap it on. if they get off a snap shop or two, they will be aiming in the wrong direction and your odds in that case go to your favor. Even if you don't get them dead in the light, if it's close enough to get a fair look at them you have a much better chance of hitting your target in those first few seconds than he will. When I was in the Academy that's the way we were trained, and it takes some practice to get right, because you naturally tend to point the flashlight at an angle instead of straight ahead. Has to do with your wrist angle and the way you hold the light. Get a flashlight, (day is fine because you are going to want to see the results) close your eyes hold it as far away from your body as you can then open your eyes, odds are that it will not be pointing straight ahead. It's different for everyone no one is built the same as everyone else, not to mention what you do for a living may impact how your wrist works. Plus it's your off hand (weak) and it's never likely to be as strong as your "strong" side wrist. {you should also practice as much as possible with your off hand when you go to the range so if you are hit and your strong side can't hold the weapon, then you can still use your left hand to fire and hit your target. May not be as pretty or exactly where you wanted to shot, but it beats heck out of not practicing then having to do it and missing totally.} Never ever give the other guy even a remotely even break.

Folks are now or have been saying "oh that's horse hockey, or ya so you can do all that with a handgun but not with a shot gun." or that's not how they do it on TV, All the cops use two hands ya but the light is under the pistol not way away.". Yepper and that's because it IS TV and not Real Life, and because they are limited by camera angles so holding their arm away from their body isn't going to film well at all. And it's all about smoke and mirrors on TV and the Movies. As for shotguns I would tell you to get the shortest legal one you can use in your state, because the longer the barrel the harder it is to turn a corner and be ready to use it. Simply math will show you why that is. I have 2 W/W Model 12 12 gage pumps and one is 18 inches and the other is 19 inches, That's the way they were made, because both of them are Police Riot and Close Quarter Combat weapons. First designed for the US Army in WWI for trench warfare. They are not that easy to find anymore but you can find them and in really good shape. Mine have saved my butt a couple times over the years all the way back to the dark ages. This is where, having a light on your weapon I can deal with and accept. Reason is because the barrel is short, have less issues moving quietly around your house and can actually work really well. Mostly that depends on whether you can a found in the chamber and it's cocked, finger OFF the trigger until you need it. (Racking a shot gun is one of the loudest things you can do and there is no way to do it silently, quietly maybe with practice, but otherwise you have just told the intruder you are awake and armed and they will either cut and run or wait for you to show yourself counting on the barrel being a lot longer so they will spot you before you spot them)

With that in mind however way you chose to do it (and yes auto's work without pumping yes we know that. But even the shortest Remington I have seen had a barrel longer than 18 inches. And no I haven't looked lately, no need to since I already have what I want.) wait until your weapon and yourself are clear of the corner and spot the dark shape you think is the intruder, then put your finger on the trigger and flip on the light and hope things are going your way. I don't give a rats putooty how many engagements you have been it and never got hurt or at least survived, Every single one of them is a crap shoot, Your job is to use loaded dice and hope the other guy isn't.

While we are on the subject of ranking a round into your shot gun, the same thing goes for your pistol, but it is a lot more possible to do that with very little noise, but the object of the exercise is that you have no idea who or what is around that corner or wall and you need to be ready to fire at any time Not just when you think you know where they are. Again and I can Not say this enough, Load the dice, Never give the other guys any chance at all. Your job is to protect your family and yourself in that order, and you can't do that if you take unnecessary risks or give them even the smallish chance because you worry about what the legal things are or that you are to civilized to actually believe that the other person won't shoot if you give them a chance to do the right thing. YES you are scared, YES you may never have ever seen or been in a fire fight of any kind, that's Fine, if someone told me that they weren't scared the whole time until it was over, they are either Lying through their teeth or they are psychopath. And even then I wouldn't bet they weren't at least a little scared.

EEEhhhh this is way long and Way off topic. Anyone whats to carry this conversation on we need to do so in the Free Fire Board

james

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 08:04:56 PM »
Light/tactical discussion continues on this thread: http://www.czforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=1181.0

james

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »
Thanks for the good words on the rifle.  I can't wait to get it out to the range.  Soon, soon...