Author Topic: My EAA/Tanfoglio Pro Comp Carry .45 ACP  (Read 4777 times)

b5.5dan

My EAA/Tanfoglio Pro Comp Carry .45 ACP
« on: January 03, 2012, 11:12:26 PM »
Hello, lads!
I got this today. Basically I traded my RIA 1911 GI (that I HATED to shoot) for this EAA Compact which is something I have wanted for some time now. I got it for a song (the 1911 and some cash), and while the finish is in need of some serious help, it's a great pistol so far and I am VERY pleased with it. It will be much easier to carry than the 75 or the SP-01, stronger than the 83, and I won't worry about the finish even after I get it blued.

Anyway, here it is. I will replace these with better pics soon...

I'm pretty stoked. It won't take the place of my babies, but it should be great for carry. I know that there is concern about fouling of the front sight with the ports, but if I'm in a situation where I need to defend myself with my firearm and I need accuracy out to 75 yards, well, I'm going to have some explaining to do to the LEOs who arrive on the scene.  :shocked: :laugh:

And finally, I look forward to checking out a .38 Super or perhaps even a 10mm conversion, just for fun.
Thanks!

Offline gunner69skmc

Re: My EAA/Tanfoglio Pro Comp Carry .45 ACP
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 11:03:34 PM »
Thanks for sharing......    The Pro Comp Carry in .45ACP would definetly be nice to have in a shootout.   I have the full size Witness, so it is NOT my carry gun.   Great pistol though.    If I am not carrying my Glock 27 then it's a Kimber .45ACP .

b5.5dan

Re: My EAA/Tanfoglio Pro Comp Carry .45 ACP
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 11:16:51 PM »
I love this pistol! It needs some work though. Well, new barrel and springs. It is nice to shoot for sure!