Author Topic: CZ 75 D PCR on order & a few questions  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Bigborgel

CZ 75 D PCR on order & a few questions
« on: January 18, 2020, 09:41:58 AM »
Decided with the help of my LGS to order a CZ75. I have 2 questions about it, perhaps the members here can help me with1. Is the .22lr conversion kit available for this model?2. Is there less felt recoil with a heavier weight bullet (147g), as opposed to a lighter one (115g). I've heard it both ways and frankly, I'm  confused.
Looking forward to turning in my first range report with the new CZ, I especially want to compare it to my Canick TP9 SF.

Offline Triggernosis

Re: CZ 75 D PCR on order & a few questions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 10:14:25 AM »
The 147 gr ammo will definitely result in more felt recoil than 115 gr.

Offline AITG

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 12:57:36 PM »
The reason people use the term "felt recoil" is that recoil feel is subjective. I've shot well over 30k rounds of 9mm and truthfully I've never felt the difference between 115 gr, 124 and 147 rounds. I've shot Glocks in small, medium and large, third gen. Smiths as well as M&P, CZs, including my PCR, Sigs and a few Springfield Armory semis and others...plenty of difference in the guns but nothing (that I could tell) in the ammo.

Offline Bigborgel

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 03:46:46 PM »
The only time I can feel the difference is whether I'm using a blowback style pistol, like my Sig 232, or a fixed breech design, like my Sig 238, then I really can sense the recoil. Again this has nothing to do with bullet weight, just with pistol design.

Offline AITG

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 06:27:07 PM »
The only time I can feel the difference is whether I'm using a blowback style pistol, like my Sig 232, or a fixed breech design, like my Sig 238, then I really can sense the recoil. Again this has nothing to do with bullet weight, just with pistol design.

Exactly. I have a CZ-83 in 9mm Browning (380). It's an all steel, heavy pistol but a fixed breech design. The felt recoil from that gun is stronger than any of my 9s.