Author Topic: New CZ-P10C FTF/ISSUES  (Read 4798 times)

Offline sound7live

New CZ-P10C FTF/ISSUES
« on: April 23, 2018, 05:27:38 PM »
I just purchased a new CZ-P10C, Thursday of last week from my local dealer. After looking over the two models they had (black/FDE) in front of me, I went ahead and purchased the black model with glow sights, by paperwork was manufactured 2/18. It came with two 10 round mags (this is what they had in stock) and additional back straps, cleaning utilities, and a lock and key set. With that being said, it looked like it was oiled up somewhat out of the case, so I went to the range to get my feel for it.

First range trip: Grip angle, in hand, everything felt great. I brought 200 rounds of brass (WWB, and magtech/brass 115GR) loaded up the mags and set a target at 7 yards to get a good feel. First mag, 3 round I is Failure to Feed. I continued with the same issues every to every other mag. I don't think it was a mag problem due to confirming both were doing the same thing. I went home and mentally chalked it up to be because I didn't clean the gun prior and maybe it needed some good ole lube. NOPE. Wasn't the case.
Went back to the range for trip #2 the next day after good cleaning and lube. Same issues.

Went home after thinking it could still be the mags, I even swapped the new spring out for an old used worn in mag spring. Although it was easier to load, same issues occurred.
Back to my trusty Springfield I have been carrying for 3 years until I can get the kinks worked out, or send it to CZ. Does anyone have/had same issues? Does anyone know the turn around for CZ if I send it in? Suggestions? :shocked:

Thanks for your help!

Newbie. 

Offline frgood

Re: New CZ-P10C FTF/ISSUES
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 06:37:32 AM »
All in all, about how many shots fired? 30? 50 100?

As this is brand new, I would initially start with:

1) Checking all packaging oil has been cleaned out and proper lubing.
2) Check for any obvious burrs, if any found in the action just note that for now.
3) Put about 500 rounds of 9 124 gr. downrange.
4) recheck burrs to ensure starting to smooth out.
5) if still getting FTFs after 500 rounds, call CZ.

My reasoning is based only on a small history of shooting about 5 years, so others may offer better educated ideas. I have several CZs, among others, and I typically run 1000 rounds to get all the action smoothed out from manufacturing. While to many these seems excessive, it is that many rounds before I can feel a noticeable difference where the system seems settled in and running smooth. it is also at the 500-700 that I do my first real cleaning.

I have seen, heard, and experienced many cases where the initial issues you mentioned get worked out. it varies based upon tolerance stacking of all the parts. Once everything is settled the gun operates flawlessly for many seasons.

Other questions to help us consider might be
1) What ammo were you using (brand and weight)?
2) Did you notice anything peculiar on the feed ramp?
3) What is the condition of the recoil spring (any extra sound when firing)?
4) What was the FtF condition?
           Was it partially chambered?
           Did the round get stuck high or low in front of the chamber?
           Did the slide simply stick before going into full battery? (meaning you simply pushed the slide forward to re-engage)
           Was the round not picked up from the magazine?

Offline IDPASUX

• #makereadyretard
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 01:42:36 PM »
In situations like this, the very first thing I do with customers is to take the gun back into the range and shoot the gun myself. In all the times I have done this, the OVERWHELMING majority of the time is the shooter isn't properly gripping the gun. At that point I usually take a few minutes and teach them a little about proper grip and how to shoot the gun. The problem goes away.

What I would suggest is for another person to try shooting the gun. Ideally one with a lot of experience.

Please understand, I am not directly saying you are the problem. I just want you to eliminate what statistically is the leading problem before you go down the rabbit hole of chasing potential solutions that may not actually solve the problem.

Good luck and let us know your results!

Offline sound7live

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 11:57:28 AM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. After much reading online I did some slight polishing on my feed ramp, paid more attention to my grip around the slide lock, and had 1 FTF out of 100 (which occurred while running some drills based on 3 rounds per magazine). With the full mags I didnt have one FTF.

Brass I have been running is Winchester White box 115GR, American Eagle 115Gr (walmart) Magtech 115GR, and Aguila 124GR. (total 300 rounds so far through the CZ)

Most of the FTF looked to be almost straight on, and partially chambered. Releasing the slide a tad, then letting it back to battery fixed the issue, which leads me to believe I may have been riding the slide lock?

I am going to take the advice and run a couple hundred more rounds through it with 124GR brass.

The only thing I have noticed about the CZ that has stood out, is it has a very squeaky recoil spring even after the 300 rounds and cleaning?

I will keep you guys informed after this weekend when I put 200 more rounds down range.

Appreciate all the help, let me know your thoughts.

Offline Dvrdwn72

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 09:11:52 PM »
I had a few minor issues with my p10 c. After a few hundred rounds, and learning the gun everything seemed to work itself out. Not 1 issue in the last 1k rounds.