Author Topic: Found this SP01 on G.B.  (Read 3867 times)

hawkdiesel

Found this SP01 on G.B.
« on: November 25, 2011, 07:15:09 AM »
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262093447

Seems like this fellow bought a lemon.  I'm not the gunsmithing type so probably not for me.   

Are these problems common on sp01s and if so how expensive is it to fix?  Seems to me he should have sent back to factory.

Best,

HD

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Found this SP01 on G.B.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:17:58 AM »
Shoot, if I had $350 I'd snap that up.

hawkdiesel

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:32:10 AM »
Are you the fixing type?  If I was confident i could get it fixed at a good price i would buy...

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:56:43 AM »
that is a great price.
looks like some stuff to be undone. sights would need to be changed..but I doubt there is anything seriously wrong with it.

I would absolutely buy that.
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

hawkdiesel

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 10:39:22 AM »
Here is the problem with that sp01, obviously it needs work, who knows how much but lets say at a minimum $100, then it has a ten and 15 round mag.  Two factory mags are what 30-45/ plus shipping call it another 100.  Now are at 550.   Plus I have to pay $35 to have him ship to my ffl who charges 30.  End of the day a new one is almost the same price, less the concerns and b.s.  Not to mention cz will stand behind a new one.

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »
true..if you are not able to work out the solution yourself, the cost of dealing with it could be problematic.
for me that would be a decent deal.

czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 12:41:05 PM »
      I'm very tempted. Replacing the front sight is not that big a deal, I have done one myself and manged not hurt the weapon. (I was extremely pleased with myself for that bit, since I'm all thumbs) I will say that's the curviest flat trigger I have ever seen, so I'm guessing the pictureisn't recent which is the thing making me twitchy about going ahead and buying it.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

hawkdiesel

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 12:54:41 PM »
GW you are aware of who posted this find on GB right?  Me HD.  Funny you are interested considering our discussion earlier.   

It could just be me, but the weld job on the rear sight looks kinda shotty.  Not to mention why didn't he have cz fix the problems?   Right.  He didn't buy it new.  Which means to me, this thing  has been around.  Which is fine, but like i said earlier, if you are not a gunsmith/gunsmith type, your better off buying new. 

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 01:30:35 PM »
            OK apparently I missed something some where, I'll go back and look, And never mind. Apparently I'm more tired than I thought. I was thinking an entirely different pistol. And you're correct I need another SP-01 about as much as the Titanic needed another iceberg. Du-ho! Think I'll go take a nap.  :embarrassed:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 09:19:09 PM »
The sight and slide look like they were marred a little during the rear sight replacement process.  If the sight is any indication of the skill of the person who did the mod work on it for the SA trigger, then I'd replace all the affected internals and the stock trigger.  A little work and the slide would look good as new, and replacing the front sight is easy. Its definitely worth $350, and I have extra 18 rnd mags. Even with all the work and parts, you're still going to pay $200 less than msrp for a new one.