Author Topic: Polycoat  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Polycoat
« on: November 23, 2011, 05:22:06 AM »
What is necessary to touch up a scratch on the polycoat finish?   Where do you get the stuff?  I hope that it can be touched up without a complete refinishing.  I have a small scratch where the punch slipped installing the extractor.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Polycoat
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 08:25:47 AM »
         Honestly I would take the pistol to a hardware store with one of those spectrograph color matching machines, with till they have no one around and then tell them what you need ans ask if they can help. Then if yes go back get the Empty pistol and sneak it back in the store. You don't want to scare the straights, Especially any off duty LEO's. Also find out if you can buy just a small about. Could Google paint pens for polycoat colors like for cars but for pistols instead. And last but not least a Marks-A-Lot black will do the trick, it just won't fill in the crack, just make it harder to see.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 08:45:43 AM »
The scratch is not thru to the metal, it is not that noticeable.  A search led me to Duracoat paint, I hope the semi-gloss black matches.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=44374/Product/DURACOAT-PAINTS

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 09:01:16 AM »
          Shiny, and you just got the bragging rights to my adding that site to the Accessories list under the Parts Thread. I will try to buy some and see how well it works for myself, but Please, post your opinion's and observations on how well it goes on and looks when finished.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 11:30:39 AM »
This is real close and works for very small areas..buff it in and it disappears

Duplicolor flat black
http://www.duplicolor.com/

you can find it in most auto parts stores
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 11:38:20 AM »
And now so can GM.  :grin:

Everyone, Please remember that if you try either of these ideas, or any other idea from this forum, post the results, How it came out, how hard to apply, clean up, etc.

Also keep in mind no one here is in anyway responsible, in any size, shape, or form, if you take someones advice and it comes out wrong or doesn't work for you. Or if you hurt yourself or others. If you aren't a gunsmith then you need to either have one do the work or if you still want to try the idea you proceed with extreme caution and attention to detail.

Legalize provide by the Firm of Dewy, Cheatim, & Howe. LLC  :rolleyes:  and not a real law firm, (I.ve Allways wanted to use that name somehow)  :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 11:51:53 AM by GhostWarrior »