Author Topic: Sights, grips (and other stuff)..  (Read 5385 times)

santahog

Sights, grips (and other stuff)..
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:07:35 PM »
To those of you who have more experience with CZ,  what sights fit the different CZ models, and where are they to be found?
Same with grips, a safety lever that can be reached without changing grip (with smaller hands), the different magazines that fit the CZ and so on?
Thanks guys!
Looking to discover a central location for information, be it here or where ever..

Thanks and God bless..

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Sights, grips (and other stuff)..
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 04:52:29 PM »
      Well we do aim to please. The WWW.CZ-USA.com home page has a e-store where you can buy parts for most any CZ, There techs are help and top of the line. WWW.CZCustom.com has even more things to pimp your weapon with, and if those Wizards can't help then you have bigger problems than you want :laugh: The place is owned by Angus Hobdell, one of CZ's biggest professional competitors and shooting team leader.

I own a matched set of Competition Shadows from his company that are nail drivers. And if you want something done to your CZ those are the wizards to have do it. They are world renowned and I know for a fact one person waited over a year to have a pistol completely tricked out for Serious Competition and then sent to them in NZ. Last I heard the owner and the tricked out CZ were discussing some sort of prenup, she likes the pistol that much.  :cool: :angel:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 10:38:57 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »
For magazines you can put 16 rd mags in a compact gun that normally takes a 14 rd.  CZ-USA sells a $9 base that covers the protruding part of the mag.  Beretta 92 bases fit CZ 75 mags if you just want a soft base.  I bought the Rosewood grips from CZ-USA and love them.  In another thread I mentioned the HIVIZ sights.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 10:48:21 PM »
     That slide on after market cosmetic gimcrackery is called a Base? OK, great now I know what to actually call them. Although I thought the plate at the bottom of the Magazine was called a base? I allways called them the footplate or Bottom Plate. Is this just another regional naming thing, like Colas, Sodas, Pop, etc?

I Love learning new things and or being corrected for calling something by the wrong name. Not being a Putz here I am serious. Most everone by now, more or less knows I started this Forum so we could all learn from each other and Teach what we know.

Every single day I get on this I learn something new or get reminded of something I forgot, and I look forward to  seeing what new things are waiting the next time I log on. This place is a Hoot and a Half!

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:17:49 AM »
I really didn't know what they were called either, until I saw that CZ-USA called them a base.  They have a lot of different bases.  Look for P/N 0430177001 they fit 75 & 85 magazines.

santahog

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 10:26:41 AM »
So just changing out the base will give a +2 capacity to the factory mags, (without feeding issues)?
Is that what I'm reading?
Another question, please.. Are there other mfgrs mags that fit/work in this pistol? I'm thinking Sig here but any reliable mag is one I need to know about..

Thanks for the input here!..

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 12:41:26 PM »
No, the 16rd magazine for a 75 or 85 will fit in a 75 compact, but it will stick out of the grip.  The P/N 0430177001 base will cover the bottom part of the magazine and make it become more grip.  This base is just to make it comfortable shooting 16rd magazines in the smaller compact frame

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
      I just stuck a 20 rnd mag in my compact and it fir perfectly. Looks weird as heck to say the least, but I haven't tried it at the range yet. I'll let you know how that works out. If no one hears from me for a long time then you will know it was a very BAD idea.  :laugh:

OH ya and if I forgot to mention this there is a list of Grips makers URLs all so, and one of them is Vandelescrow and he does really Shiny work.

santahog

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
No, the 16rd magazine for a 75 or 85 will fit in a 75 compact, but it will stick out of the grip.  The P/N 0430177001 base will cover the bottom part of the magazine and make it become more grip.  This base is just to make it comfortable shooting 16rd magazines in the smaller compact frame
Okay.. That helps!!

I don't really like shiny. One on the list, "Desigher Grips", I think, has the best for my taste. The only thing he can't cover is a thinner grip. I have smaller hands and the gun is like trying to find the front of a black iron pipe for me..

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »
     Ya I sorta am trying to start a new fad. There was a SciFi show called FireFly about a cargo ship owned by a Rogue sorta guy and he had a crew of misfits basically. It was great for the whole 1 season it lasted. But the point is that in their time the word Shiny meant a number of things, basically all good, like great! nice, cool. read you loud and clear, Sir. that sort of thing. I miss the show but I am trying to make Shiny the new way of saying good things.

Personally I'm not a fan of Shiny weapons at all. Not pistols, knives, Machetes, or anything I use for combat. Day or night. I have a couple or 3 collector weapons that are polished but I don't tend to use them much unless I am going somewhere and want to make some sort of statement.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 02:00:54 PM »
BTW is there a cure for the "full magazine rattle" ? 

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 02:30:44 PM »
         Truthfully I have no idea if there is or not. Apparently it's talked about all the time but I haven't yet hear or read an answer to the question or how to attenuate or stop it.  Frankly I would love to know an answer, since it only happens sometimes, and not just with one model/manufacturer of mags.

druryj

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 06:44:32 AM »
Magazine rattle is one of life's mysteries.   :cry: