Author Topic: A few complaints about the P07  (Read 5723 times)

seriousbusiness89

A few complaints about the P07
« on: November 25, 2011, 04:26:59 PM »
First off, let me start by saying that the older CZ models are solid shooting platforms that are almost impossible to jam. So when I saw the CZ-75 P07 featured on the cover of a guns and ammo magazine, I thought it would be as solid as its predecessors. Sadly I was disappointed. A gap between the slide and the barrel on my 40 Smith and Wesson has ensured that the gun will jam up at least nine times out of the twelve round magazine. The flimsy spring under the trigger bar has a tendency to pop out after less than fifty rounds. When this happens, the trigger pull can be very unpredictable which can cause numerous safety concerns. The trigger bar should be semi-attached to the hammer in a way that eliminates the need for a spring that can't even handle the recoil of the round being fired. With all of this together, frame damage can become inevitable. All of this coupled with  CZ's frustrating warranty department makes me wish I would have bought a gun from a company that actually cares about quality control. Over all I have a deep sense of buyer's remorse and I would recommend that people save their money when it comes to this gun.

fullfathomfive

Re: A few complaints about the P07
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
What did CZ say when you spoke to them about it?  I know there is a cheap aftermarket spring which fixes that issue. 

CSZ

bre346

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 01:42:53 PM »
I'm with you to a point. When I took my new P-07 apart to clean, lube and see how it works, I discoverd a soft-looking warped frame and a very blued ramp. The gun went back to the factory the next day. They returned it with a polished ramp. No help for the frame.

The shooting was a very pleasant surprise. Very accurate, as good as my best gun. Easy hold, good sights, good trigger makes it fun to shoot.

I found a way to help the frame bulge and the right part to make the safety lever latch. Even a way to make the recoil spring behave. (See my other posts.)

The result is a gun I don't like but I can't let go. It's just too much fun.

Ritz

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »
when was your P-07 Duty made? 

Offline GM4469

• Authorized Vendor
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 05:06:39 PM »
What did CZ say when you spoke to them about it?  I know there is a cheap aftermarket spring which fixes that issue. 

CSZ

Where can you get that part?
czcustom.com
stuart@czcustom.com

bre346

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »
I called the distributor and described the shortage. They mailed the missing part that night, I guess, because it came very soon.

It was a tiny plastic tab that is the detent for the manual safety. It works perfectly, just a little stiff.