Author Topic: New CZ Owner From Texas  (Read 2208 times)

boomenshutzen

New CZ Owner From Texas
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:33:29 PM »
Hello everyone,

Just purchased a new P-01 a few weeks ago.  I have a feeling this won't be my last CZ!

-boomenshutzen

TexinMaine

Re: New CZ Owner From Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »
Welcome boom. I like the looks of those P-01's. How well does it conceal? I have a 75B and SP-01 Phantom myself. I also have some older CZ's like the 45 and 50.

Tex

boomenshutzen

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 08:47:12 PM »
I love the looks of all the CZs.  My eye kept coming back to the SP-01 and P-01, though.  Just a sexy combination of classic an modern designs.  CZ did it right, IMO.

I haven't spent too much time trying to conceal it as I don't have a CHL yet.  Only thing holding me back is finding a time to take the class.  I did try it in front of the mirror IWB in a Remora holster and it wasn't too bad.  With the right IWB holster I think it would conceal nicely.  It's pretty hefty compared to other compacts, but then again, that was part of the appeal to me.  That being said, it doesn't weigh any more than a Commander size 1911.  The 1911 does have an advantage in width, however.

What I'd really like to see from CZ is a single stack version of the RAMI, alloy and/or polymer frame.  That would be a fantastic summer carry weapon.  The ergonomics of a CZ in a pistol that size would be a very hard combo to beat.

-boomenshutzen

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 03:36:27 PM »
          Welcome, welcome and let me add Welcome to the Forum. I had a P-01 but my daughter took it almost as soon as she saw it. OK, lets be  honest because she say it when I handed it to her to see if she liked it. If she did I was going to get her one for Christmas, Ya that worked out Really well...........for her, not so much for me.  :laugh: Now I have to get a new P-01 :cool: And at the rate I'm going it probably will be in time for Christmas.
          I have been trying out some IWB holsters but I'm afraid they aren't intended for fat guys or at least 60 year old fat guys. They seem to cut into my leg/hip when I sit down, where as my OWB sits fine, when I sit. Even a Holster made for the RAMI was uncomfortable and the RAMI is not even close to what I consider a big pistol. But to each their own. If we weren't all different we wouldn't need so many different Holster makers.  :cheesy:

I like my SP-01 CZCustom Shadow Customs, and I love my CZ 75 the Pre-B just a tad better than the B, but then the Pre-B was my First Auto and you never forget your first :angel: I have carried that baby to a lot of problems and she never once failed me. Now she's taking care of my Daughter and her family. Luckily she isn't in Government Employ. Or any sort of LEO work so, my First CZ gets to rest and retire to a less hectic environment. My daughter also swiped my CZ 82 also. Got to say I taught her well, really excellent taste in pistols, especially since she's 5 foot not much and 120 wet,

Sorry went off topic more or less. Welcome again, we have great folks here you have meet at least one of them here TexinMaine. And we love to talk CZ any time any place. Sometimes I even know what I am talking about, but everyone else picks up the slack, so feel free to make some new friends and stay awhile.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »
Welcome to the club!I hope you enjoy your time here and come back often! How often do you get to shoot her?