Author Topic: Howdy Ya'll  (Read 3486 times)

TexinMaine

Howdy Ya'll
« on: September 17, 2011, 11:02:14 PM »
Im a new CZ owner. was looking for a full size 9mm and had read good reviews of the CZ 75. At a local gun store I came a across a SP-01 Phantom, As soon as I picked it up it felt real comfortable. The owner wanted $525 but it only came with one mag so I managed to talk him down to $480. Good price? My girlfriend shot it and really liked it, it a few days later she picked up a CZ 75 B. I also really liked the feel of this pistol and luckily I was reading a local penny saver type magazine and saw a CZ 75 B with Crimsome Trace grips four mags and a Fobus holster for $550 and just couldn't pass it up. So I am amazed at how well these pistols and function, have put a couple hundred rounds through all four with out a single incident. The only issue I have had it the slide not locking back on the last round, it has happened a couple times with the Phantom and once with the 75, so far my girlfriend has had no issues with her 75. I do see a Rami and possibly a 75 D compact in my future. At one time I had considered doing some volunteer work in Ghana and had started to learn the Twi (sounds like tree) language. The Twi word for welcome is Akwaaba.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Howdy Ya'll
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 08:50:03 AM »
         Apparently, I live in the only place were CZ's never go for inexpensive prices. And I hate you all that get all the good deals. That being said, I want to Welcome you to the Forum, I am sure you will make friends here, because there are good people here willing to help with answers to question. And if you can an a question then feel free.

And, you not only picked up some great models of the CZ, I think I hate you fro the 75B, Crimson Trace Grips AND a fraken holster for only 550.00!!!!! The Crimson Trace alone is more than 150.00 less than 300.00, The holster is somewhere in the neighbor hood of a 100.00 which means you, 2 extra mags (I know you said four but the pistol comes with 2 mags, so someone bought 2 extras) at roughly 50.00 each, which means you only paid (even low balling the guesstimates) only 250.00 for that 75 b!!!!!  :cool: That is so not fair. Maybe I should go to where you live and tag along while you hit the gun dealers, or you could come down here and we can do the same.

Oh and as you have found out CZ are like Cheetos's, you can't just have one. So welcome to not only the Forum but the CZ Anonymous Group therapy.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 12:13:49 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

TexinMaine

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »
Haha, Thank you GW. Yeah my heart actually skipped a beat when I saw the ad, I couldn't dial fast enough. I knew right off the CT grips and two extra mags were worth almost half the asking price. I know all about addiction I used to have a C&R FFL, now that will put a hurting on the bank account in a hurry. This looks like a great site and I look forward to getting to know you folks.

Tex

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 10:55:44 PM »
The only problem with GW's group therapy analogy is that rather than discourage our members from buying more CZs, we help each other think of stories to tell our wives!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, welcome to CZ Forum! This is an amazing place and is, in my opinion, the friendliest and MOST useful enthusiast site on the web. I look forward to getting to know you! Take care!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:32:43 AM »
 :cool:        Well ok Therapy, has many meanings, and I suppose the most well known one is the way you put it. But in this case I ment therapy as in, talking someone on the fence about getting another CZ into getting it.  :laugh:  After we do our job I leave the rest up the the folks over in Excuses R & D to come up with what to tell the spouse.
CZ, the Other pistol,
How many thoughts does it take to buy a CZ, lets count, one......two.....threeeeeeeeeee, Bought it. Ok it only takes three thoughts to buy a CZ,
CZ's, no one can have just one.
CZ's, not just for Europeans anymore.
Who's that behind that CZ?
         Ok anyone who knows what commericals I just paraphrased (stole) and is the first to post the correct answers gets a big "ATTA BOY" or "ATTA GIRL" as first and only prize. Second place is being officially called an "Old Geezer or Geezerette" or if they perfer they can be named First Loser.  :tongue: :angel: :laugh:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

TexinMaine

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »
Pork
Tootsie Pops
Lay's
Eggs
Foster Grants??

TexinMaine

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 08:48:11 AM »
And Thank you Dan!

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 09:06:28 AM »
WOW :shocked:  that took all of no time at all!! And as promised here's yur first place prize
"ATTA BOY" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think I'm going to have to come up with something a little harder next time. Considering how fast you answered I would give you a cigar also but getting the thing to fit in the skinny copper wire is counter productive, not to mention it could go stale in the process. Just a thought but does anyone beside myself think the term Counter Productive is what the call the fastest guy in the Counter plant? :lipsrsealed: :rolleyes:

TexinMaine

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 10:02:20 AM »
Haha Thanks GW. Im a little proud of my self for pulling out that Foster Grant reference.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 11:06:46 AM »
Frankly I thought the Tootsie Roll Pop and the Forster Grants were going to stump folks for at least a couple hours. rofl
Ah well that was fun but lets return to our tales of yesteryear, and get back on topic. oh right this is the welcome Board so we pretty much ARE on topic. Well then, Thas diffenrnt init Brain? NARF!

Offline CZ-RAMI-2075

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 04:08:48 PM »
A hearty WELCOME to all the new members joining of late.

Great to have you with us.

KEV

www.CZforum.com

http://czzone.blogspot.com/

CZ GUNSTUFFS.clarkstoncz@gmail.com for any questions.