Author Topic: P10 slide stop/release  (Read 4146 times)

Offline wrangler21

P10 slide stop/release
« on: March 19, 2019, 06:53:22 PM »
My slide stop/release lever works great when manipulated from the right side of my P10. But the left side of the lever, it is very difficult to use. I know this is a common issue with the P10 series. How can I help this situation?

Thanks

Offline gaijin

Re: P10 slide stop/release
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 07:21:34 AM »
If you're left handed, get an Apex mag release. I had difficulty with the OEM part even "strong side".
I use the Apex right hand release on my two P10's ("Tactical" release) and it works as one would expect.

Offline wrangler21

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 07:29:32 AM »
I'm right handed sadly. And it is not the mag release I'm having trouble with, it's the slide stop/release lever.

Offline gaijin

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 07:30:43 AM »
Ooops. Apologies on my mis-read.

Yes, the SS on my examples is stiff as Hell. I shoot to slide lock and slam the mag home, the slide "self releases" this way- with rds. in the reload mag of course.
I have seen an extended release on CZ Custom website, but have no experience with the part.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 07:33:50 AM by gaijin »

Offline wrangler21

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 07:46:07 AM »
Ooops. Apologies on my mis-read.

Yes, the SS on my examples is stiff as Hell. I shoot to slide lock and slam the mag home, the slide "self releases" this way- with rds. in the reload mag of course.
I have seen an extended release on CZ Custom website, but have no experience with the part.
The auto release works great with FMJ and is predictable. Great feature. That system jams up on me often times when I slam that mag in with my carry ammo, Hornaday Critical Duty though sadly.

Offline 82Luft

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 06:31:48 PM »
Thanks for posting your issue with the P10c slide stop/slide release catch. I'm having the exact same problem with my new P10c. I'm right handed and it's nearly imposible to push down on the release catch. I tried using both thumbs pressing down as hard as I could, but no dice. It's odd that the oppisite slide catch for left handed shooters works fine. Does any one know if this is a defect needing to be sent back to CZ?

Offline CZ75BOmega

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 10:56:47 AM »
Rack the slide(pull and release)don't ride the slide.  If for some reason I have to use my P10c slide stop/"release"  to release the slide - it works fine(both sides).  You should call CZ.

Offline GaJoe1950

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »
I bought the CZ Custom slide release and had it installed by CHW along with some other work. Makes a world of difference.