Author Topic: Pictures and a home for them  (Read 12386 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Pictures and a home for them
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »

One of the things I aimed for when I took over and revived the Orginal CZForum and have it liked the originally named CZForum.com, which I also revived and brought back. (BTW I have mentioned that I am a very private and humble person and that I seldom mention either of those things. haven't I?                   :angel: )  Sorry, anyway, I wanted a clean and easy forum to navigate through, unlike some others that have about a Million Boards, and a Zillion topics listed and truthfully jumbled up because of the size.

So, when a member asks what about having a place for "this" I look at the idea, and if I can make it work or simply think it's a good idea because I forgot to post it in the first place. Now in the last week I have had 2 members ask where do Pictures go? I was sorta thinking they would get posted in/under the Board or Topic the pictures were related to. Pics of CZ 75 A's (Pre-Ban) would get put with that Board and topic and so forth. Apparently I didn't think it out far enough and maybe there really should be a "Baby Pictures Board" And all pictures get posted under that board no matter what the picture is. Wouldn't hurt to add the pic to the post you wrote about the weapon also, but basically it would be a picture board.

So here's the deal:

A) Where should the Board go? at the top under the CZ Trading Post, LLC or the Ye Olde Gunsmith's shop or at the end in with the section on Grips, Holsters, accessories etc?

B) Should we make topics on that board for each specific weapon or Holster or whatever. Or should we simply just have one Topic called Pictures and everything gets posted first come first served?

Which brings us to the question how the heck is anyone going to vote and how is anyone (me) going to keep track of all the votes? Is ANYONE (and I do not care if you just joined 2 mins ago) good at making, designing polls? It would save a lot of time and we can leave it up a week and see what the verdict is then.
Ahh well never minf that last bit at the end. I found the poll making form. opps  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:36:58 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

Re: Pictures and a home for them
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:21:19 PM »
Ok Boss! I like the idea of pics at the top, with the idea that pics can be posted in the other sub-forums/threads when it makes sense.

My feeling is (and I will try not to get long-winded here  :laugh: ) that a particular place for pictures will allow people to see OUR firearms, OUR holsters, accessories, etc, which is INFINITELY more meaningful than seeing a stock photograph on the seller's web site. Also it would be a nice community-builder (I think) when we have a place closer to the top for pics of our f :laugh: irearms, our families at the range, our stuff in action, so to speak.

Pics help bring people together, and I think that this will be helpful in growing this wonderful site. That's just me though...

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Pictures and a home for them
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 10:36:22 AM »
OK I liked the plan and still do, lets give the poll a bit longer to play out but last time I looked it was looking like your idea of at the top is ahead. Looking forward to seeing how that works out.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice