Author Topic: Cheek Weld on CZ 527 American  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Brazos_Jack

Cheek Weld on CZ 527 American
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:36:00 PM »
Can you get a good cheek weld on a CZ 527 American with the lowest available scope rings? Or do you still need to raise the comb?

What is the height of the stock comb and heel in relation to the bore centerline?

If the "American" stock comb is still too low for good cheek weld, who makes a good aftermarket stock for the CZ 527 with an appropriately high comb?

I'm planning to buy a CZ 527 in 7.62x39 in the near future (as soon as I can find one on the shelf to examine). I won't buy one sight unseen due to some of the rare but troubling issues I read some buyers find.

Offline jkingrph

Re: Cheek Weld on CZ 527 American
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »
I have a Leupold vx3i 3.5-10 in the supplied height med Warne rings and have no problems with my 527 American in 6.5 Grendel.

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 03:14:58 AM »
I have worked with 2 stocks that offer optimal cheek weld in my honest opinion. 1st was the factory offered target aramid/kevlar knock off. These were offered for 223 and 204 rugers for a few years. No longer offered,

Second has been more recent and stands a better chance IMHO of offering you an available stock to fit your desires. So what is this stock you ask. The Boyds at one.  http://www.boydsgunstocks.com  With the adjustable length of pull and adjustable comb I feel this stock may offer you your best fit out there. Can't hurt that she may be adjusted very quickly to fit another shooter with a different stature and or preference in minutes or less.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:18:23 AM by SD 6.5 Grendel »

Offline SD 6.5 Grendel

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 03:26:23 AM »
I ordered an At One a few months ago. if I remember right she was at my front door three days after placing the order.

I find this stock to be an exceptional value given the flexible features. Is it perfect, No. She would have to be a custom stock to fall anything close to perfect in my eyes. Still not far off from ideal for shooters of many statures. for the short time I have had this stock I have been well pleased.

Offline Brazos_Jack

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 07:48:31 AM »
My American arrived yesterday. I mounted a scope using the included factory rings. The comb to scope relationship is way too far apart for a good cheek weld. I ordered the lower Warne rings and will see how they work.