Author Topic: Posting Pics  (Read 6807 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Posting Pics
« on: February 01, 2011, 04:33:56 PM »
     Ok, there seems to be 2 ways to post pictures. One is with attachments and the other is or actually I use Photo Bucket. I am NOT endorsing photo bucket at all it's just the one I happen to have and use, or at least figured out how to use. And I know I can use it to post my pics on the Forum. Den is, I think, has been the one using attachments and that way seems to work well also. His way probably has fewer steps. Feel free to see if there is another hosting site to store your pics to upload to this forum or anywhere else for that matter. Frankly I would like to know how many storage sites will work on this version of the SW we are using. I believe this is one version up from the other site that Dave runs, which is why it looks not a lot different but different enough. So there ya go.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

DanvilleBlues

Re: Posting Pics
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 06:38:33 PM »
 Excuse my ignorance, but useing PhotoBucket, do you resize your
pics.,to post ? Mine are set at 60%, and when I try to post it says
that they are too large. what size pic. is 128 kb?

czPhantom

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »
@DanvilleBlues...unfortunately there isn't any specific dimension of a picture that is 128K.  File size is driven by image density (number of colors in the picture), the size of the image in pixels (height and width) and the file type (JPG, PNG, TIFF, GIF...etc).  The only way to tell file size is to check the file itself on your computer. 

With that said, JPGs tend to be smaller than PNGs, and an average JPG that is 1024x1024 (pixel) should be about 100KB in size...give or take.

I hope that was somewhat clearer than mud.   :grin: 

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 08:20:22 PM »
Here's the deal with photobucket. Once you have all the pics you want saved to what ever album, Click on the picture(s) you want to post here. at the very bottom of the page you will see in little letters Choose actions. Click on that and the very last choice is Generate link codes for selected. You will get a box pop up with generate link codes at the top. in the middle box you will see IMG for bulletin boards. Pick full size or thumbnails, I use full size. Thumbnails are to small to see well. all you have to do is left click on that box. it will blink and go back to the way it was. At this point you have a copy of the pics to paste in your post. Just right click on your post and paste you will see link codes . you can either just click on post or you can do a preview first if you want then post. In my case spell check gets used also. lol

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »
If for any reason full size dosen't work and as you can see on mine it did but everyone has different computers and software just go back and click the thumbnail choice and then paste that. Let me know how that works. I'll be up for a few more mins.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 09:56:14 PM »
LOL, russian patch with a german gun on it. Yeah, every time I try to post a pic, I resize it, but when I hit post and look at the topic, its not there anymore, so I just post the links.

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 10:44:52 PM »

DanvilleBlues

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 10:50:07 PM »
This is my CZ70 .32ACP that wants to be a submachine gun.
  Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:53:50 PM by DanvilleBlues »

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 06:33:54 PM »
Use photobucket when you pick out the pics you want the site will automatically make the links for you and you just copy ans paste.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2011, 11:24:17 AM »
Here are a couple of pics I have on Photobucket:
Ingrid
BRNO VZ 24 .338 Win Mag

Wolfgang
.308 Saiga

Stephanie
.308 CZ 550 Urban Counter Sniper
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 10:20:49 PM by GhostWarrior »

b5.5dan

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 09:51:48 PM »
GORGEOUS!  :shocked:

I still need to take pics of mine out in their natural habitat. If the migraine would stop, for even one day...