Author Topic: Radom Pistolet VIS wz. 35  (Read 12342 times)

TexinMaine

Re: Radom Pistolet VIS wz. 35
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2011, 08:29:31 AM »
Look up S&W Lemon Squeezer GW. It was called the Safety Model I believe and they came out in the early 1900's I think.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2011, 08:46:31 AM »
        How very cool is that? reminds me of a British Webley Pistol but with the grip safety, and I am going to bet there are about a hundred makes and models of break fronts (I think thats the name for that style of pistol?) around the world, but it's the one everyone knows best I think, especially since you can still find them all over the UK even today. (well, only if anyone is willing to fess up to actually having one that is, UK laws being what they are.)
          Thanks for posting that, it gave the start of my day a nice boost.

P.S. Just so I wouldn't look too stupid I checked on what that stype revolver is/was actuatly called, and it's a "Top Break". I like my version better but who's going to argue with the British? Losing propersition that. :laugh:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 08:56:23 AM »
          oh ya and has anyone noticed that we have taken a major left turn on the orginal topic?  :laugh:  Anyway, Didn't the Russians have a model like that also? Not sure about the German's though. But I think if you asked a Russian, they would look you straight in the eye and tell you that they not only invented the top break but were the first to produce them, and that they also made every advancement in weapons since 1945.  :cool:  I love the Russians, They invented everything, have the most pessimistic outlook on life you can imagin but at the same time even if it seems completly impossible they have a hughly funny sense of humor, and the make a pretty decent Vodka. :cheesy:

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

TexinMaine

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »
You are right there is a top break Russian model, how ever it was made by S&W. I like the top breaks also and have 3 in my collection. Another interesting revolver you want to look up is a S&W Tip Up. The barrel tips up and on top of the cylinder which is then removed to load and unload.

Tex

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 09:22:05 AM »
         No kidding? the Russians actually though an American made pistol was even close to as good as theirs? Wonders never cease. An dI seem to recall that other gun you mentioned, The gun store that my frined owned had a farily large collection old firearms, Mostly German, (don't ask I never did so we stayed friends and sorta like partners for 10 years or so.) but they had a couple small arms that the cylinder came out of in different ways and I believe that one was one of them. They had a walk in vault they kept the really valuable weapons in along with the Class 3 stuff . I woud go over and stand in the vault just looking and wondering about the people and places.
        Actually they are the ones that got me hooked on TT 33 Tokerov's. We used one for armour testing also, only that one for all that it's a necked down 30 Cal dosen't hurt anywhere near as much to shoot as the Thompson did/does. Then I found CZ 52's! oh baby!