Author Topic: The wife of one of our Moderators  (Read 50791 times)

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
The wife of one of our Moderators
« on: September 13, 2011, 05:09:49 PM »
         The wife of one of our Moderators, DeeDubya, has had a stroke. I believe she is in rehab at this point, and I want to ask everyone that is part of this Forum to keep her in mind and wish her a speedy recovery.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: The wife of one of our Moderators
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 05:51:33 PM »
Will do.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline jdr3366

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:03:37 PM »
Sorry to hear this.

I'll pray for her recovery.

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear this, DeeDubya. The best wishes and prayers of my family go out to you and your family. If there's anything that the members of this forum can do to help, you need only ask. And I imagine that I speak for all of us.

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 07:39:11 AM »
Thanks to all. After a week in the hospital she's only been in rehab for a couple days. So a little time will tell more. Right now she has difficulty speaking but is mobile with a walker. She definitely has some left side damage.
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

bre346

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 01:56:19 PM »
Oh, man, I'm sorry to hear this. She and you are in my prayers. I wish her a speedy and complete recovery.

I had an uncle -

Regards,

Bob

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 02:17:47 PM »

Diane is out of rehab and back at home and the office (she works with me). She is fortunate in that it could have been worse. She has a few physical impairments because of it but gets around (slowly) pretty good.

It seems that her PT/INR levels (blood thickness) was low (thick) and atrial fibrillation caused a clot to loosen and go to her brain. She is now on Warfarin and other blood medications as well as zonisamide for seizures.
Thanks for the support.
DW
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »
I am so happy to hear that your bride is back home with you and doing so much better. give her a hug from me, and I hope she keeps improving. Really great news and thank you for updating us.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 05:33:31 PM »
Thank you for the news. Good to hear.
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 09:34:25 AM »
OMG! How did I miss this? Deedubya, I hope your wife has recovered, and I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 09:43:47 AM »
Thanks for the PM. She's doing OK but suffers some permanent disabilities from the stroke. Life can throw you some curve balls.
DW
~ James D. Miles

bre346

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »
Oh man, I'm sorry.
You two will be in my prayers.

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 12:50:59 PM »
         I'm glad she's home and doing tolerably well. Getting used to dealing with things in a different way if at all, is about the most frustrating thing I can think of. Pass on a hug, from me/us. keep up the good fight she's in my thought's

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 08:22:09 PM »
Thought I'd drop in and say hello. It's been a long while since I've done any shooting (yes I'm asking for sympathy, haven't busted a cap in a long while). I'm posting here since my sweetheart has been one of the main reasons I've become somewhat dormant in the sport. That's OK though because we all have priorities and she happens to be mine. She used to go with me up to a 6 acre tract I own where I have a 25yd pistol range. She would sit in the truck and watch while I shot a few mags. Always supportive of what I do. Never complains. What more can a guy ask?
She's been in a nursing care facility now since last March. It started with pneumonia (she would aspirate when taking her pills) and got so weak that she was falling often. From the hospital to Hays Nursing and back to the hospital 3 times. Now, she's doing better but I don't know if I'll be able to care for her myself if I can bring her home. Anyway, I know that we all have our challenges so I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I'm not. She is good for me no matter what happens and it does me good to take of her. Otherwise, for now we are doing OK and feel blessed that we live in a free country where we don't get our heads cut off for speaking our peace, showing our faces and trusting in the God of our choice. I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday season.  :smiley:
DW
~ James D. Miles

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 08:34:22 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. We will keep you both in our prayers and hope things get better for you both!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad