Author Topic: Crooked frame et al  (Read 5209 times)

bre346

Crooked frame et al
« on: July 18, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »
(Et al means 'and other stuff'.) This is a NIB CZ 75 P07, never fired. I changed out the decock this morning to the manual safety and found the following;

I'm looking at the frame rails. Neither of them is straight, but they are almost symmetrical. They bow in in front of the front 'saddle' and outward between the 'saddles'. The inward bow drags on the slide rails. That surely will affect the cycling. A metal frame could be 'adjusted'. What can you do to polymer?

The matte black finish covers the breech end of the barrel, including the ramp. That's going to affect loading. I attacked the ramp with a brass brush and got the color to lighten to brown. I don't think it was ever polished. Is this normal for such a highly rated pistol?

I've been into six other new autos of three other brands in the last ten months. Never have I seen a gun in such condition.

Is this commonto CZ? Is it acceptable to CZ users? What do you all suggest I do?

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Crooked frame et al
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »
     Frankly since it's NIB and there is allready a bulge you should call CZ-USA and talk to their repair folks. For some reason CZ apparently ran into a bad batch of Polymer and it's been weeding them out as they go along. The difference here is the bulge (which CZ-USA says is purely cosmetic and really doesn't effect the pistols function) hasn't shown up until the weapon has had a few rounds put through it.

As for the ramp not being polished, that a new one on me. I will say that CZ's have allways (or at least mine have for the last 30 plus years) have had to have their ramps re polished because certain rounds will allways catch on the leading edge of the ramp when chambering a new round. until the ramps are polished. I have allways had trouble with hollow point, semi wad and wad cutters and any cartridge that hasn't been crimped enough, Every thing else and I do mean everything else goes through with out so much as a hiccup. I have never seen a CZ that the ramp was polished at the factory let alone hear of one like the one you have. Yes I know I said they get polished at the factory, but they end up having to be re-polished now and again sometimes and only with random weapons and models. My very own personal guess is that they polish the ramps to feed anything Europeanish (Hey new word), since they are sold everywhere but the US by a factor of at least 2 to one.

But that is one of the reasons I and the other members of this forum and others are here. To get the CZ word out, about just how good these weapons are. Of course when we have accomplished our goal, we may well have priced ourselves out of be able to buy CZ's our selves.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

bre346

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »
Thanks. I thought it might be that way. 

Anyhoo, the piece is on its way to Denver.

I hope it comes back as good as we want it to be.

bre346

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »
Well, it did come back with a highly polished barrel ramp and some filing or smoothing on the polymer. I filed a little more and called it good. A short trial session shows that it works nicely.
More to come.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
Outstanding. Looking forward to updates from time to time.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice