Author Topic: d Technik vz 58 loose front trigger guard rivet  (Read 9648 times)

Offline acmetim

d Technik vz 58 loose front trigger guard rivet
« on: August 26, 2015, 01:01:41 PM »
the title just about says it.  just purchased a used(barely) vz 58.(not vz2008)  when i got home i noticed the front trigger guard rivet was loose.  when i pulled it straight down it actually came out. the post of the rivet is not flared out at all.  as it normally sits the tension of the guard seems to hold it in place, but its bugging me.  it seems that the pocket that the rivet sits in is blind, so i can't back it up with anything to give it a whack on the head to spread the post.  any suggestions?  id like to keep it original, but if it stays loose i will likely put a button head machine screw in there.  that has served me well on saiga conversions.

Offline acmetim

Re: d Technik vz 58 loose front trigger guard rivet
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 04:05:48 PM »
nobody...maybe i posted in the wrong place?

Offline acmetim

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 05:47:35 PM »
czusa was nice enough to let me know that based on the serial number mine was imported by czechpoint.  czechpoint was nice enough to send a thicker rivet to me at no charge.  it is a blind hole, so it is an interference rivet.  the new one will need paint to match... they said some epoxy on the old one clamped in place would be another option for a fix. for what it is worth.  conversation with myself here.  hope it helps somebody

Offline chfields

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 06:43:28 AM »
I'm glad to hear you got it taken care of and appreciate you updating the forum as well....
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline Angryvikingman

• Senior Writer/Editor/Moderator
  • Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 09:05:38 PM »
Sorry I didn't catch this earlier. I've been on vacation for the last week or so.

Glad everything is handled. Thanks for posting!