Author Topic: Gun Collection Pics and Random Pics  (Read 10721 times)

Offline DeeDubya

• NRA Life Member
Re: Gun Collection Pics and Random Pics
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 07:48:33 AM »
GW,
STI does cater to the high-end market, with a lot of race guns for some renowned competitors and have a big following overseas. But look at what a Czechmate costs!  :grin:  Labor and special tooling run the cost up. Mad Dog is my age, we were childhood buds, poor country boys without a lot, but you can bet we had 22 rifles! He and his wife both work for STI. Right now I'm pushing to get my own 2011 (double stack) in a 45. It could take a year to get a special order but Mike would do most of the assembly and then turn it over to one of their gunsmiths for fine tuning. Would you pass it up?
Keep in mind that I'm in no way spamming STI on this site. Mad Dog just happens to be a good friend. Anyway you can't even compare CZ to STI. About the only thing they have in common is that they both build guns. Marketing and such aren't even close.

Here's a little 3" "carry 45" he just got for himself.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 09:28:23 AM by DeeDubya »
DW
CRA / NRA  Protect Your Rights
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
~ James D. Miles

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: Gun Collection Pics and Random Pics
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 11:03:17 AM »
     Well you do absolutely have a point and certainly the Czechmate is over 3 Large, but it's designed to be used in 2 totally different divisions, has 3 spare barrels that have matching serial Numbers, 4 mags that together by them selves cost almost the same as the pistol, (well OK that was a stretch but still a really good chunk of money, hell the 3 extra matching barrels are up there not to mention the C-More red dot sight, all by it's lonesome is hundreds. Plus you get a lot of precision and deadly accurate weapon plus spares, but the closest it gets to fancy is the 3 notches on the compensator. I was thinking along the lines of  that pistol regarding some form of cutouts or engraving than a new finish. But oh well with my budget I probably couldn't cover the cost of shipping and insurance let alone the pimp job itself.  :laugh:

Oh and as long as this board is up and running or at least as long as I am live, then if you are anyone finds something like that to share in this thread/Board only then by all means please share. If there is somewhere out there someone that doesn't appreciate beautiful craftsmanship then I pity them.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

Magdalena Came Home Today...
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 04:13:27 PM »

Things worked out well... I had one on layaway used (@$500), but I managed to find one NEW for several dollars less. So, I got 2 clips (haha! Just kidding!). 2 mags, the box, the cool paper with the computerized target sheet, and the manal on CD! I'm happy, and Magdalena has a great new home. I want her to be healthy, so I feed her plenty of Hornady Critical Defense.

Yeah. I have problems...  :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 04:18:12 PM by b5.5dan »