Author Topic: 455 American barrel swap question  (Read 4178 times)

notbyalongshot

455 American barrel swap question
« on: May 12, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »
I bought a brand new 455 American with the .22 and .17HMR barrels. I don't want to use a scope right away, so I called CZ to see if I'd be able to use the .17HMR LUX barrel with the open sights. CZ assured me that the .17HMR LUX barrel would work. When I picked up my CZ today from my dealer/gunsmith the .17HMR barrel would not slide all the way into the receiver. My gunsmith said he would have to file down the part that has a bevel at the bottom of the barrel and reblue that area. Is this normal not to have the barrels fit into the reciever, or is it usual to have to do a little gunsmithing?

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: 455 American barrel swap question
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »
          Hi, I really have no idea about I have a suggestion, Pardon me if you have allready done so, but have you called CZ-USA back and talked to one of their gunsmiths? I would also check wit the folks over at CZCustom. If between the two of them if they can't give you an answer, I think I will be extremely surprised.

Oh yes, and please allow me to say Welcome to our Forum. We do try to help everyone that comes here, but sometimes when someone asks a question it's in an area that has little traffic, and so gets jumped over, For which I do apologize.

I do hope you get the issue resolved and please let us know how things turned out?

OH Yes one more thing, (Yes I really am that absent minded) do a copy and paste from this to the General Firearms Questions. That way you will have much better result in help. and we here do not have any problem with folks posting the same question on different Boards as long as the question and Board(s) have anything to do with each other.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 01:54:02 PM by GhostWarrior »
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

notbyalongshot

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »
Thank you GhostWarrior, I was planning on calling CZ on Monday. I was hoping to get some insight over the weekend.

notbyalongshot

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 12:51:06 PM »
I just spoke with CZ, and they suggested that I loosen the screw holding the front part of the magazine housing. He said 9 times our of 10 that will allow the barrel to slide in freely! If not they will fix/fit it for free under warranty.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:13:42 PM »
Sweeeeet! keep us up to date on wether you fixed it or it had to go back, Which would seriously bite. :cool:
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice