Author Topic: stainless guide issues with an sp01  (Read 4840 times)

vin60

stainless guide issues with an sp01
« on: January 03, 2012, 11:36:09 PM »
I bought the stainless guide for my sp01 and cant seem to get it in. Am i doing something wrong?

b5.5dan

Re: stainless guide issues with an sp01
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 12:07:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum! There are a couple of things... The ones I've seen advertized were for the 75B and the SP-01. I'm not sure if there are any differences. I could try mine, but I'm not home. I haven't checked them side by side, but the 75B does seem (if I remember correctly) a little different than the SP-01. Until someone with more knowledge chimes in, don't force it and perhaps the best thing to do would be to call the vendor tomorrow. You couldn't do it wrong, I don't think, as long as you are putting stuff in the same way it came out, which I'm sure you are doing...

OK. Just checked. The SP-01 rod will NOT fit in the 75B, but the 75B will fit in the SP-01. This may not have anything to do with your problem, but I figure it's good to eliminate some variables. A guide rod in a CZ 75-based pistol (everything from the 75B to the P/SP-01/06/07) is easy as pie. If it's not working, I have to wonder if whoever you bought it from sent you the wrong piece for the wrong pistol. If you look in our 75B sub-forum, you should find some more info that might be helpful.

And finally, once you get it sorted I would love to hear your impressions. There's been some discussion here lately as to whether or not the rod is helpful or detrimental to the overall health of our firearms.

Again, Welcome to CZ Forum! We're happy to have you here!

vin60

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:50:05 AM »
thank you for the response Dan.

so i have a cz 75b in .40 and the rod i bought is basically the same rod i have in the .40. but it doesnt look like it fits properly. ive noticed other steel guide rods for the sp01 has a sharper point than the one i have. from what ive read there is no real improvement to upgrading other than longevity. reason i bought it. peace of mind.

b5.5dan

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 11:57:23 AM »
I can understand your wanting to improve reliability. That's the whole point of gun ownership! On the other hand (and I have mentioned this elsewhere... I tend to go on about things  :laugh: ) there have been random reports that SSGR in CZs cause accelerated wear and tear on internal parts. More reports have just stated that it is fine to do, but isn't really necessary. We like to tart our pistols up when possible, but your SP-01 should be plenty reliable with the stock guide rod installed.

Do you own another CZ? I almost got the impression that you had a 75B in .40 S&W. Do you have pictures of the guide rod? Who did you buy it from?

vin60

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 12:23:02 PM »
i bought it from another user from another cz forum. i have 2 cz's a 75b .40 and an sp01. so the guide looks like it is from the same exact gun. hmm maybe at this point ill just stick with the polymer rod and keep the other  guide rod as a pack up for my .40. ill just order another polymer rod from cz customs. on a different tangent. im trying another guide spring on my sp01. the 17lb browning vartiable rate spring. ill give a report when i use it on my next range trip. thanks for the info and help dan