Author Topic: Your Experience with the Kadet Adaptor  (Read 5015 times)

Armed Citizen

Your Experience with the Kadet Adaptor
« on: May 22, 2012, 05:24:18 PM »
I bought a P-01 last summer and have shot about 2000 rounds with it. I would shoot it more if ammo were more affordable. I just ordered a back-up P-01 and a P-06 and I would like to get really good shooting with both hands, drawing from cover, in different postures and maybe some more IDPA.

What has been your experience with the Kadet adaptor on a CZ Compact?

Offline dogdog

• I'm only a flyer when I'm on TV
Re: Your Experience with the Kadet Adaptor
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 11:46:16 AM »
I don't have experience yet with this but when I get my cz 75 I plan to (soon after) get the kadet adapter.   Being a complete noob about guns, I'm anxious to hear from others here soon about this!

dog :grin: :grin:
You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Powerpuff boy

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 01:20:35 PM »
My Kadet kit is for the 75B (.40 S&W).   (Sorry, I don't have any experience with the compact.)  It is very, very accurate.  And extremely fun to shoot. (+ easy on your wallet)    I shoot it quite often because I am still working on my accuracy.   I think you would really enjoy it.

Oh, you may want to check out Den's Kadet loader.  Your thumb would thank you for it.  :wink:

Armed Citizen

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
My new P-01 is in the shop at Cajun Gun Works for a Defensive Carry Package. David said that the 13 lb spring he is putting in will not operate the Kadet adaptor reliably. However, he said replacing the factory spring only takes a few minutes.
Still considering a Kadet adaptor.

CZ04FT

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
The Kadet Adapter was the second CZ I bought. The first was the 75B 9 mm. I got it to shoot for less money, to shoot often, and to have fun.

I agree with Powerpuffboy, you'll like and enjoy the Kadet. You might stick with the factory hammer spring to get consistent strikes on the .22 LR rimfires.

Powerpuff boy

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 03:02:12 PM »
Hi Armed Citizen.
 Now you mentioned it.  I sent my 75b to CZ Custom for a trigger job, too.  (that's where I got my Kadet kit)  They told me that Kadet required  8.9 lbs for the DA pull for  being reliable. (I think it was an ignition issue). They could have made the DA pull being around 8.5 lbs.  They also told me that the SA mode (3.75 lbs) would not have any issue with the kit.
 Do you know if you may have some issue with the kit just in the DA mode or in both SA/DA modes?   Despite that I made the DA pull 8.9lbs for the kit, I never use the Kit in the DA mode.  Always I shoot it in the single action.  I don't know how you  intend to shoot the Kadet kit (DA or SA?).   But if you are like me, you would be OK as long as the kit functions reliably in the SA mode.  I do suggest you discuss this with your gunsmith.
 As CZ04FT said, it is a great kit.  It has helped me greatly for improving accuracy (see the link.  FYI, 1-8 were within 3-5 meters (close).  9-12 were around 4-5 meters (a bit more distance).  13 to 18 were 5 m +.  10 rounds per target ) and saving money

http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u428/Saltriver42/Kadet%20June%204/

I hope you can make Kadet work with your P01. I think it is well worth the money/some discussion with your gunsmith.

Offline dogdog

• I'm only a flyer when I'm on TV
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
Looks like I need to make friends with a gunsmith in the south Houston area.  :tongue: :tongue:     --   Thanks!

dogdog
You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!