Author Topic: CZ Warranty Claims..  (Read 4147 times)

ActionExpress

CZ Warranty Claims..
« on: May 16, 2011, 12:25:36 PM »
I just picked up my new 75B a week ago, and the case it came with is cracked all down the seam to the hinge.  Does CZ typically replace these, or will they say "Probably happened in shipping" and not replace it?  The dealer I bought it from via GunBroker told me to contact them if CZ balks at the request.  They seemed like a great gun shop during the purchase process, so maybe they can help me if CZ doesn't.

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: CZ Warranty Claims..
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 06:08:39 PM »
     Call and ask CZ-USA. They are the ones that will decide but I have never had any issues dealing with them. As for you buying it third hand through GunBroker.com from a gunstore you said? Well IMHO I think the entire issues is on them not CZ.
     Question, how much was the entire cost? and did they post pictures of the weapon AND the case and if so does the case show the crack? Also did the description say "NIB" or "LNIB" If the crack is there then that's what you bought and I would still try CZ first. If the crack didn't show at all then I would call the gunstore unless they posted something that said "what you see is not necessarily what you get".

Good question either way and personally I would like to hear how your question was resolved, simply for future reference.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

ActionExpress

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:31:29 AM »
If by "third hand" you mean: CZ to distributor to dealer, then yes.   They had a "stock" picture of the gun in their description.  I had checked their feedback, and found they had sold a number of them.  All of them had the same picture and serial number on the tag.  It was (is) a NEW gun..  The serial number is verified (found it was born on March 24th, 2011).

I emailed their warranty center with the issue and will wait to hear back.  If I don't get a response, I'll call.  If they don't take care of it, I'll notify the dealer I got it from and see what they say.  Honestly, it's not a big deal to me, but if I were to ever sell it, it would be nice to have a case in good shape. 

I put 250 rounds through it today and love it even more. 

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 07:33:29 AM »
     I think you are doing things in the proper order, Although I still look askance at the gun dealer for sending out an obviously damaged case. Very uncool IMHO, Best of luck and wishes.

And I'm sure there will be quit a lot more rounds through it in the coming months and years. And if I missed saying this allready welcome to the Forum and we hope you have a lot of fun and learn knew things in the process.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

jerryt

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 03:55:27 PM »
I had the same problem, purchased CZ75B. My case was also cracked (small area
center does not lock),purchased from reliable gun dealer they would not do much about it,came in that way. Called CZ USA got a reply last night, they said I would have to buy another case, not part of the warranty.
The cost was $9 & change plus $9 for shipping. Hope this helps,check cases before leaving gun store.

jerryt

Offline GhostWarrior

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »
     Thanks very much jerryt, That was really great of you to post. I really am surprised about those cases, but who knows. Does seem either silly or pathetic that the case and the shipping are both 9 dollars making the cost 18.00. Don't know wether to laugh or cry. But yes point taken check the case and everything in it before you walk out.

I would like to make a suggestion to you both. If you have a gunshow in your area, you may find someone selling the cases for the same price but you won't have to pay shipping since you leave with it. And if the moon and Jupiter are in alignment you may end up paying less.