Author Topic: CZ P01 & aluminum ammo  (Read 2010 times)

Offline CZ Juan

CZ P01 & aluminum ammo
« on: December 23, 2018, 10:46:37 PM »
I have a CZ P01 decocker that jams with aluminum ammo(Federal). Maybe 1 stove pipe every 8 rounds.
It could be that this stuff is under powered, I'm not sure. Has anyone else experienced this.

Offline Dvrdwn72

Re: CZ P01 & aluminum ammo
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 04:02:35 PM »
May be underpowered, you can experiment with different recoil springs and see which works.

Offline Ham-Bone

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 03:18:18 PM »
Federal Champion/Aluminum has never been under-powered in my experience. Does the stovepipe happen with the P-01 using multiple different magazines? The only time I've ever had a CZ malfunction with factory ammo... it was always magazine related... i.e. weak magazine springs. Aluminum isn't as slick sliding beneath the steel feed lips as brass is. That coupled with weakened mag spring tension will cause exactly what you are describing. I ordered Wolff +5% extra power mag springs and all problems went away. YMMV...

Offline raytracer

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 03:40:30 PM »
I had the same experience with the Federal aluminum case. Fresh +15% mag springs. I've run other aluminum case with no issues, but the Federal just won't run in my CZs.

Their cheap brass case runs fine though, it's dirt cheap at Walmart, and there's currently a great rebate going on: https://promotions.vistaoutdoor.com/EN/US/Promo/16/101/EntryForm

Offline Luger Fan

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 05:12:13 AM »
Aluminum Russian ammo
has always been 100% in 5-6 of my P-01's.  With prices so close I now use only S&B since it is a Czech ammo and used in testing the pistols.