Author Topic: CZ 550 Medium Battue Barrel Switch  (Read 11828 times)

8x68

CZ 550 Medium Battue Barrel Switch
« on: July 26, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »
Does anyone know if you can swap out a barrel from a CZ 550 Medium Battue Lux in 300 Win Mag (20.5") with a longer barrel in 300 Win Mag from CZ?  I was hoping it would work with a barrel that is used for the the Ultimate Hunting Rifle.  I believe the stock is the same length.  The threading should be the same?????
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:38:50 AM by 8x68 »

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
Re: CZ 550 Medium Battue Barrel Switch
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:48:23 PM »
            Hello and I am so sorry no one responded to your question including my self. There is/are a number of reason it could have happened the way it did, in my case my Father-In-Law has been very ill and I have been busy running (ok driving) back and forth between here and Sarasota.

Presuming you are actually still a member here I Welcome you to our forum, and again apologize for the tardiness. As it happens I am in no way knowledgeable regarding long guns. I have a couple, but I got them to learn how to shoot them as part of my "Bucket List" as I am more comfortable using and teaching how to use and breach doors and structures, with small arms, MP5's and or 18" barreled Winchester model 12, 12 Ga. shotguns.

If you haven't already done so I would suggest that you contact the gunsmith's at CZ-USA with this question or ask GM, Our local personal contact with CZCustom for his advise regarding your weapon.

If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

Offline ZG47

• Firearm Safety Instructor, Shooter, Hunter
Re: CZ 550 Medium Battue Barrel Switch
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 04:58:26 PM »
I would also suggest CZ USA. To the best of my knowledge both rifles use the same CZ action so it should not be a problem. Sorry for not seeing the original post, been dealing with family issues.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:59:58 PM by ZG47 »
A good shot at close range beats a 'hit' at a longer range.