Author Topic: CZ83 can't close trigger guard HELP!  (Read 12161 times)

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: CZ83 can't close trigger guard HELP!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »
There is a very small gremlin in there with his tail caught in the magazine release.

hu5ker555

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
Ya...seems like the problem is somewhere in there.  Does your mag release pin extend all the way down to the base of the trigger guard?

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2011, 05:31:14 PM »
YES

b5.5dan

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 07:50:10 PM »
This is like Sherlock Holmes! I'm excited to see it solved, so to speak...

hu5ker555

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 08:01:41 PM »
Still searching for the gremlin...appreciate all the suggestions so far....

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2011, 09:31:11 PM »
              Give me a time you 2 can agree on and I will set up a chat room for the 2 of you to use. I"m not sure, and most likely wrong but you may even be able to post pictures. I really don't think so. I think that's limited to the Moderated Chat room. But the chat room by itself may be of help in solving the issue.
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

b5.5dan

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2011, 11:42:37 PM »
The chat room should be able to handle pics. Most other forum chats I've seen have a way to do so. I can help with this. That's why you signed me on, ain't it?  :laugh: :laugh: Only problem is, I've got the range tomorrow morning and a root canal in the afternoon. I won't be available until 4 or 5pm MST

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 04:42:11 AM »
Still searching for the gremlin...appreciate all the suggestions so far....
Another thing occured to me, the release button is ambidexterious, it should work when pressed from either side.  It normally rest in the center.

hu5ker555

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 06:20:42 AM »
Mine are stuck on both sides.  Doesn't seem like they are pressed in at all.

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2011, 06:38:46 AM »
Whatever is not moving in there is probably preventing the trigger guard from operating properly also.  I have not disassembeled a 83 past field stripping.  You will get better help from CZ-USA or the custom shop on how to disassemble the magazine release.  More than likely you will need a spring or some parts to get things right anyway.

hu5ker555

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 10:23:14 AM »
Ugh.  No resolution to this yet.  Looks like I am going to have to send it back for warranty service.  Here's the frustrating part...I work in Kansas City.  I went to the CZ office in Kansas City and they wouldn't even talk to me.  Just sent me away and told me to call the 800 number when they get back on January 3rd.  That's next year!!!  Ugh

Offline GhostWarrior

• I'm very humble, you can ask me.
  • Administrator
  • Benefactor & Life Member NRA
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »
            I very sorry you are having such a difficult time with your pistol.

For what it's worth I'm actually surprised you got in the building. They are doing their year end inventory and on the whole shebang there. They are so busy they have to goof off after they get home and on their own time. There was a rumour going around they were going to issue Adult Depends just to save time not having to go to the bathroom.  :tongue:

Seriously they aren't normally that brusk they really are up to their eyeballs with the inventory, and have been since Christmas. I'm really happy I don't work for CZ-USA at least last week and this week.

OK here's the deal, First off look at this site. You may well have allready seen it but pay attention to the part where he talks about disassembling the pistol and he says something about a spring being in or part of the Slide stop, and if you don't do something then you break the spring you are hosed big time. I am also going to attach a link to some pictures I took of my 82's both a ex police model that is fugly of it's best day ( they did a commercial spray paint job on them when they got them from either the Israeli or the Czech Police, the other is my refurbished 82 that I use as my back up carry pistol presuming I'm not using the 52 in the capacity.

I AM NOT a gun smith! I have very rarely about 3 times in 30 plus years, ever taken a pistol down to it's componet parts. I am a shooter, if the weapon fails and I am not in a life and death field exercise then I let the gunsmith look it over. or let someone in the squad check it if we are in the weeds. Just so you and I suppose everyone else knows I am a person that knows how to do one thing damn well. Computer hardware or network hardware or laying out a net work is what I do second to none. using the SW is NOT my deal I do not program or fix major glitches. I do not EVER work on printers they are NOPT computers, call a printer repair guy. I also am qualified to drive Executive Protection details and to defend my Principal even if they fire me for the way I do it. (They paid me to keep them alive not fore how I do it) and I know jack all about how to fix cars.) And so forth.

The stuff I just wrote is so you know that I am trying to help you to the best I can. You are a member of the forum and as such I try to see that any member gets the help they need if there is anyway I can accomplish that, and no one else can even give you a hint. Everyone here has their Strong areas, Medium areas and weak areas of experence and we are all here to learn from one another and teach what we know also. You have you realize that the 82 is not that well known as a carry weapon, and very few folks, compared to others that know about 75's etc, know all that much about them. I LOVE mine but I would never on a bet strip it down to componet parts. Frankly I admire your doing so and wanting to know everything there is about your pistol. I'm am NOT making fun of you nor belittling you, I do in fact admire you for trying.

So anyway, these are the links that I think may help you figure out what went wrong:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=you tube cz 82&mid=B834303C13700CCC3801B834303C13700CCC3801&view=detail&FORM=VIRE3

and

this is the link and or pictures of my CZ 82's, just in case you can compare them to what yours looks like. But it's more likely that the spring the guy talked about is the problem.

I truly hope this is some value to you
If at first you don't succeed, then Skydiving is not your sport.

Welcome Home every Veteran and active Service personnel and Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sacrifice

hu5ker555

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
Thanks for sending the pics and the video link.  Not sure what he's saying in the video about the slide stop spring.  I don't see a spring near my slide stop, and I didn't see one in your pics either.  Not sure what is going on here...

hu5ker555

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 12:33:38 PM »
Problem solved!!!

CZ finally opened up today.  When I spoke with them on the phone, they suggested that I might want to take it to my local firing range (The Bullet Hole) before shipping it for warranty service.  The Bullet Hole tried to close the trigger guard manually, but could not.  The guy then said "just a minute".  He took the gun into the back, and came back out with it closed.  Said it just needed an "adjustment" with a little more force.  Said that sometimes when new they have a burr or something.  Anyway, I've tested it and it works great.  Promptly put about 50 rounds through it.  The CZ83 is awesome and so is The Bullet Hole!!!

b5.5dan

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 12:41:21 PM »
I had a feeling that a little more force might work. Glad you are back behind the trigger, so to speak!