Author Topic: New Member  (Read 2611 times)

Offline Bluefish

« on: February 24, 2018, 11:25:30 PM »
Hello everyone!  My name is Doug and I'm from Central Florida / Mount Dora Fl..  I've  been shooting a SP-01 with MedicRijos at the Volusia gun range for about two months. Shortly after starting with Rijos I tore my left rotator cuff in my shoulder. But the good news is after four month of rehab the doctor gave me the green light to go shooting again. Hope to see all of you Central Florida  shooter soon.

Offline Demirosapat

• Just a peaceful old policeman
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 07:47:47 AM »
Hope your shoulder heals well.  Shooting nines is better than magnums for our bodies.
Speed is fine.  Accuracy is final.

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 12:32:45 PM »
 Absolutely and thank you Sir.

Offline frgood

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 05:01:10 PM »
You are in good hands with Rafy. 
Welcome to the forum and I hope to catch you at VGHC or CFRPC

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 08:16:30 PM »
Rafy has taught me a lot and continues to show his talents. This Sunday he did really well at his  tournament.   But I  feel that I do have a long ways to go before I start  competing.

Offline frgood

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 03:38:57 AM »
Rafy has taught me a lot and continues to show his talents. This Sunday he did really well at his  tournament.   But I  feel that I do have a long ways to go before I start  competing.

While you might mean 'highly competitive', you are by no means unable to compete. If you can handle your gun safely, you can compete. The sooner you start having fun, the more competent you will become.  I started two years ago and while not setting any records, I am quite comfortable safely handling most pistols. Plus, the people are just great and a lot of fun. You will simply have a good time.

So go on, get out there and walk away smiling. :cheesy:

Offline Bluefish

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 02:43:50 PM »
Thank you for the  encouragement.  But I do believe slower is safer at this time for me  shoulder.