Author Topic: TSO Guide Rod Plug  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Litespeedaudio

TSO Guide Rod Plug
« on: October 10, 2017, 07:48:13 AM »
Anyone have issues with the plastic guide rod plug on TSO?  Mine is very difficult to seat properly after field strip and cleaning.  Seams to get hung up on the internal lip for the last 1/4" to seat properly. 

Offline Copskid

Re: TSO Guide Rod Plug
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:30:50 AM »
Hi,

Had the same problem. I inspected the plastic plug and noticed it had a small abrasion on the front. At first I took a jewelers file and smoothed out the abrasion. Installed and same thing again with new abrasion. Next I took a piece of 1000g scotch brite and smoothed the entire surface NO HELP. I then started to inspect the interior of the gun and noticed a small burr (actually looked like a spot weld) where the barrel cut out meets the recoil rod cut out hole. Used the same jewelers file and slowly filed checking inserting the plug as I went along slowly. It did take some time but gradually got it so the plug went in ang out smoothly and with no scrapes/abrasions on the plug. Good luck and hope this will help.

Offline Litespeedaudio

Re: TSO Guide Rod Plug
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 08:18:09 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I had the same marks on the plastic plug.  I'll look for the burr next time I disassemble.