Author Topic: P-01 vs P-10C  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Sprags

P-01 vs P-10C
« on: September 27, 2017, 01:42:22 AM »
Almost 2 years ago I purchased a 75 BD. About a year ago I purchased a P-01. And then 3 months ago I picked up a RAMI. All are nice to shoot. With the 3 CZ's and the other firearms I own I probably now have 5,000 rounds through all of my pistols. Though I'm not as good as I'd like to be I'm better than I used to be.

Other than grips all of my currently owned guns are stock. Though about 10 years ago I did build a few .22LR guns. One started out as a stock Ruger 10-22 and the other was a Browning Buckmark. Both of those got trigger jobs and the 10-22 ended up with a new stock, scopes, bi-pod.

I'm now considering working on my P-01. I'd like to build it using a parts kit from Cajun Gun Works. Would I be better off having CGW do the work. I'd also like sights and maybe G10 grips.  The P-01 is intended to be a CCW.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:55:08 AM by Sprags »

Offline Rodolfo Fierro

• Global Moderator
    • TRAIN 2 SHOOT
Re: P-01 vs P-10C
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:12:00 AM »
Since you are going to use it for EDC I would send it to Cajun.  If you are very confident in your own smithing and have time to shoot it a lot to make sure it works every time, then go ahead do it yourself.

Offline Sprags

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »
Since you are going to use it for EDC I would send it to Cajun.  If you are very confident in your own smithing and have time to shoot it a lot to make sure it works every time, then go ahead do it yourself.

Thanks...that's good advice. Though my mechanical skills are pretty good a professional gunsmith (Cajun Gun Works) is the way to go since they specialize in turning CZ's into high performance firearms.

I did get slightly off track.

What I also was hoping for was feedback about the pluses and minuses about the P-01 vs. the P-10C?

Offline daveh

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 01:00:12 PM »
I have shot thousands of rounds through both as well as a P-09.  I would never say anything bad about any of them (unlike some other guns i own).  Great triggers, no failures or malfunctions. I don't think it is a question of better gun but  how well each fits your needs.

Do you carry with one in the chamber?  If so, are you comfortable carrying a striker fired pistol (10C) or do you prefer DA/SA or safety?

The 01 is fantastic but heaver. Great for competition but if you carry all day or are getting older and weaker then that may be a problem. I find that i can hold steady on target longer with the lighter polymer guns.

The 01 and 09 are larger, both in the barrel length and grip to trigger. If that fits you body OK , great. I am a little smaller and find my hand fits the 10 better so i get a better grip coming out of the holster with it so i get a faster and more accurate first shot.  Also, being smaller the 10 is easier for me to conceal.

Lastly, there are more sight options for the 01 and even the 09. Cajun is the only place if can find upgraded sights for the 10 that i like.

Net, for me, i carry the 10.

Offline Sprags

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »
I have shot thousands of rounds through both as well as a P-09.  I would never say anything bad about any of them (unlike some other guns i own).  Great triggers, no failures or malfunctions. I don't think it is a question of better gun but  how well each fits your needs.

Do you carry with one in the chamber?  If so, are you comfortable carrying a striker fired pistol (10C) or do you prefer DA/SA or safety?

The 01 is fantastic but heaver. Great for competition but if you carry all day or are getting older and weaker then that may be a problem. I find that i can hold steady on target longer with the lighter polymer guns.

The 01 and 09 are larger, both in the barrel length and grip to trigger. If that fits you body OK , great. I am a little smaller and find my hand fits the 10 better so i get a better grip coming out of the holster with it so i get a faster and more accurate first shot.  Also, being smaller the 10 is easier for me to conceal.

Lastly, there are more sight options for the 01 and even the 09. Cajun is the only place if can find upgraded sights for the 10 that i like.

Net, for me, i carry the 10.

The LGS sold all of there P-10C as soon as they came in. My shooting instructor was lucky enough to acquire one. I tried it and shot a very respectable group on my very first time trying it out. I had a Glock 19 with a Galco SOB that was very comfortable. I know many do not recommend SOB's because of the potential back injury that could occur. I used the Glock as my carry weapon when I lived in Maine. And the thing is that one I got my carry permit and I actually took a weapon along with me on my travels throughout the state I found after the novelty of being able to carry wore off I did so less and less.

I really like the P-01 for its fit and finish along with how well I shoot with it.