Author Topic: Breaking In A New 452 Left Hand Barell  (Read 8546 times)

Offline schooner

Breaking In A New 452 Left Hand Barell
« on: September 19, 2017, 11:45:54 PM »
Hi Guys (Newbie Here)  :shocked:
Just bought the 452 Left Hand CZ, can't wait to get it.
Coming in this Thursday.
My question Please:

How do I break-in the barrel?
And what kind of ammo do I use, is CCI O.K.?

Thanks Guys
schooner :-]
GOD bless you ALL

Offline shipey

Re: Breaking In A New 452 Left Hand Barell
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 07:21:10 PM »

I've read mixed ideas on breaking in a barrel. It might not be too critical in a .22 since most bullets are lead, and lead is softer than copper jacketed. This is not professional advice, but for the first box of 50, clean the bore after every 5 shots and don't heat up the barrel by shooting too fast.

As far as ammo, the only way to know what works best is to try a box from several different makers to see what your gun likes. CCI Standard Velocity works decent in several of my .22 rifles and pistols for plinking, but it would not be my choice if I shot competitively (and I don't). I like the competition stuff, but flinch when it's much over $12 a box. I've had nice results with Lapua Center-X and Pistol King.

Offline schooner

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:49:52 AM »
THANKS GUY
I'll looking into that LAPUA CENTER-X
Be Safe
Schooner1  :cool:
schooner :-]
GOD bless you ALL

Offline frgood

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 06:40:29 AM »
The 452 .22lr is not a 1000yd precision rifle. It is a wonderful 100yd precision shooter. Initially, I fired 5 rounds then cleaned, another 5 then cleaned. then I settled down to a practice session of about 50 before the next cleaning. After that I took it to an Appleseed and fired 500 rounds famously (the rifle, not me) cleaning the rifle after the weekend.

I think it was a bit overkill, But I sleep easily and the rifle has been superb two years later.

I think the 452 is an excellent rifle and the cost it is icing on the cake. Sign up for Appleseed and see that gun sing.