Author Topic: CZ P-10C Trigger Question  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Jaye1

CZ P-10C Trigger Question
« on: June 28, 2017, 10:28:23 PM »
Just took delivery of my new CZ P-10 C yesterday and ran 230 rounds through it with flawless results. The reset is the best I've ever encountered.

I do have a question about the trigger though. When the trigger is fully extended in the forward position and I pull the trigger, it sometimes binds in that position and then releases with a loud click. It actually releases so fast that I'm not able to creep slowly up to the wall. What I've discovered is that the trigger guard blade is catching on the receiver. This binding occurs because my trigger finger is short and it is pushing the trigger slightly to the side and not straight back. If I use my longer middle finger, I can pull the trigger straight back and the trigger functions as it should.

Has anyone noticed this on their P10? Is this normal, i.e. if you pull the trigger with a little side pressure that the trigger guard gets caught on the receiver? I don't have this problem with my Glocks or Sig P320 because the reach on the trigger seems to be a bit shorter than on the P10.

Offline techspec6

Re: CZ P-10C Trigger Question
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »
Sounds like your trigger safety isn't getting depressed all the way.  I just tried simulating a shorter trigger finger with my P10c and that's the problem I encountered.  Maybe Cajun Gun Works will offer a service to shorten the triggers take up or change out the trigger entirely.

Jason

Offline Jaye1

Re: CZ P-10C Trigger Question
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 09:31:30 AM »
I noticed someone on a YouTube video demonstrating the same situation where the trigger was clicking from resistance before actually beginning to move. He pulled the trigger rapidly for about five times thinking that was the full trigger pull before he jokingly realized that it was snagging.

I will remove the trigger myself and slightly round off the very top tip of the trigger guard where it is catching. It will still be useful as intended, but it will not hang up on the receiver if the trigger has a slight amount of sideways pressure. Since I've placed some rounds through it and thoroughly oiled it, it's only hanging up once in every 5 to 10 pulls.