Author Topic: SP-01 magazine cleaning question?  (Read 2476 times)

Offline ivoryhunter

SP-01 magazine cleaning question?
« on: March 18, 2017, 10:32:02 AM »

Hi everyone am new to this forum and last week purchased a new CZ75 SP-01. This my first CZ and after about 250 rounds am liking it a lot, prior to this pistol have only used 1911's and revolvers.

I am a gun cleaning nut and in regard to the two 18rd. magazines it came with, the manual and videos I have looked at say to simply depress the button on the bottom of magazine to slide the base off sounds simple enough but this button which looks like the bottom of a pop rivet does not budge kind of looks like there is not a hole underneath it for button to go through, hesitant to try and force it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline chfields

• Administrator
Re: SP-01 magazine cleaning question?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 09:37:38 PM »
Welcome to our forum!! You should not have any issues pushing the button on the bottom and sliding the base pad off. Would it be possible for you to upload a pic of the base pad?

Again, welcome to the forum!
CZ 75B SA
Hogue Wraparound Rubber Grips with Finger Grooves
CZ Compact (Steel, No Rail)
CZ Rami BD 9MM
CZ 712 G3 W/extended mag tube
Member USPSA
Member IDPA
Life Member NRA
Captain of the CZForum.com shooting team
Proud Army Dad

Offline ivoryhunter

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 06:00:55 AM »

Chfields, thanks for your response. I went to local range/shop yesterday afternoon and it was explained to me that in my state of New Jersey, on new pistols the shop is required to plug the 18 round magazines that CZ ships to a 15 round capacity and than to permanently affix the base plate so it can not be removed, they do this by replacing the button with a rivet they also grind off the 18 round indicator. I hope this will be of help to others in states that may have similar laws. Thank you again.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:04:30 AM by ivoryhunter »

Offline cyberfish2

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 07:30:21 PM »
You can still clean these without disassembly. A good kerocene wash and alcohol rinse will get the gunk out. My buddy claims running them thru the dishwasher will do the same thing.
I lay mine on a rag in an ultrasonic cleaner (no finish damage). To lube, or not to lube after, is a personal choice. It's good if you can blow them out with compressed air before use/after cleaning.
CZ-83, CZ-75D PCR compact, and finally, a Rami 2075 9mm for EDC.

Offline ivoryhunter

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »
Thanks Cyberfish2. I have a small Hornady sonic cleaner that I use for casings was concerned that may have damaged the magazines will give it a try with laying them on a rag.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:59:15 AM by ivoryhunter »